BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Am I wrong to be so mad? *long-ish post*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 10:54am
Haha I just texted her asking if we could talk so once I update after our talk I'll be done talking about this. I didn't want it to turn into a talk about race relations, but I guess it was inevitable. I really do appreciate all the feedback I've gotten. I've become kind of a loner ever since knuckling down with school and work, so I don't have many friends to talk to about stuff like this...
Sponsored Links

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:01am
Cut her off. She goin' make you her baby sitter. Kuht dat bytch awf!!! Cool
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:04am
There are far too many Black people in the Philly area (even Nigerians specifically) that you can spend your time with instead of these idiots.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

OK I shouldn't have said that I know because I really don't. That's a silly assumption to make.

And I'm 23. I was trying to figure out the right way to word "type of black" but it sounds bad no matter how i tried to word it

the point is you highly suspect it.  same difference. 

and for future reference...there is no right way to say that bullshyt...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 19 2014 at 11:05am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

There are far too many Black people in the Philly area (even Nigerians specifically)

Lamp
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:07am
Im working hard to get outta here. Trust me.
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:08am
No matter her race, she's a jealous devious wench. 

Don't fall for the "I didn't know"/crying/voice quiver. She will try to make it about her & flip the script.

Stand firm OP. 

Edited by kerysdream7 - Jul 19 2014 at 11:38am
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:13am

How do I avoid being anyone's only black friend? Ask them for their Annual Black Friend Quota? I know that I am for as lot of people I'm friends with, but I think that because I'm the type of black that white people aren't intimidated by. And by that I mean "I don't act like I just got off the SEPTA from West Philly". <==That was something I was actually told by one of my former nurse managers. I think it was supposed to be a compliment...

To help you out...if you haven't seen or don't know this stuff already...

Watch the video "Sh*t white girls say...to black girls" by Chescaleigh (it's on youtube). It's all about microagressions.

Go to Gradient Lair (www.gradientlair.com) and search and read about microagressions, respectability politics, tokenism. Actually just read everything there.

Find some positive, uplifting people to be around (start with black women, just because).
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:13am

just curious...why can't you find negroids in philly to hang out with?

and just where are you planning to go where there are a plethora-o-special-negroids  such as yourself for you to hang out with?

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

just curious...why can't you find negroids in philly to hang out with?

and just where are you planning to go where there are a plethora-o-special-negroids  such as yourself for you to hang out with?

iDies! LOL Stop TC
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style