Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Am I the only one that gets annoyed by this...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SMOVLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOVLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

No, you're not.
I'm sure it's to hide horrible blending/closure application.
When we take "regular" pictures, we don't chop the tops of peoples' heads off, so it is definitely some thought put in to it/purposely.

Although we all have different hair textures, I think the desire to see the blending is a reasonable expectation. If the hair is hard to blend, I personally would want some tips or other to know that they may have to put some effort into the blending.

I simply think "their blending/closure must be atrocious, and they know it.", because to ME, an install pic is the ENTIRE install, not just the middle. lol

For all that we could just hold the bundles  of uninstalled hair up to our faces and take pics. LOL
This all day, why even bother.
Sponsored Links

keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:09pm
QUOTE=pebbles251]
yall are too much lol. I usually know if a particular hair type will blend with my own hair. Maybe thats why i dont care about people's head top.

What annoys me though are reviews where people show the package arriving in UPS box, then they show the cute little bag it came in and the thank you purchase note and proceed to read the how to care for instructions.....All i care about is the hair and how it is after at least two weeks of instalation.
[/QUOTE]

Now I agree with this. I don't give a damn if its packaged in weed rolling papers. I just want to know how the hair looks.
Topaz Moreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topaz Moreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:14pm
Topaz Moreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topaz Moreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:15pm
I can post here but not in other places [:(
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

QUOTE=pebbles251]
yall are too much lol. I usually know if a particular hair type will blend with my own hair. Maybe thats why i dont care about people's head top.

What annoys me though are reviews where people show the package arriving in UPS box, then they show the cute little bag it came in and the thank you purchase note and proceed to read the how to care for instructions.....All i care about is the hair and how it is after at least two weeks of instalation.

Now I agree with this. I don't give a damn if its packaged in weed rolling papers. I just want to know how the hair looks. [/QUOTE] Oh my God yes! I mute and kiss on my honey a little till they get to the goods.
SinCityKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SinCityKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by pebbles251 pebbles251 wrote:

this is why i will never give reviews on hair i purchase anymore. You cannot please everyone. who cares about leave out....all i need t see is the hair and read reviews on it or hear about reviews on the hair itself not anyone leave out.

People stop reviewing hair on this board because you all complain to much:)
It sucks because people like me who appreaciate a review end up gambling with my money.

....and this is why people don't speak their minds on this forum anymore. I understand the whole if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all mentality. But is it seriously too much to ask of people to post pics of their full head on a HAIR forum when clicking a post that says "Check my new install"? 

I understand that sometimes people may end up with hair that doesn't match their natural texture so they may not wanna show their leave out. Or maybe they haven't perfected their closure yet.  But if that's the case, then don't make a post saying "Check my new install" but only post pics of your face. Instead, just title the post "look at my bundles", post pics of the bundles and keep it moving. Why get us all excited, thinking we are about to see a install when you are only posting pics of your face?

To be honest I don't really care about seeing someones leave out/closure, (unless they are a stylist) I didn't even mention anything about leave out in my original post. I said I at least wanna see the ends of the hair. So because I wanna see the ends of a persons install in a REVIEW on a HAIR forum, I'm complaining? Yea, ok you're right. you certainly can't please everyone! That's why I don't bother trying. Just like you, I genuinely appreciate a review, but a review of some hair... not somebody's face. 

Edited by SinCityKitty - May 03 2014 at 12:52am
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 5:53pm
I like seeing the leave out because it gives me an idea if the hair requires a massive amount of heat to blend. If the person claims that the weave is natural black and thier natural hair is natural black and it doesn't blend........ Then I know how to order. This is especially helpful for us natural gals. In ADDITION maybe if the person posted the entire install we could help them with wahatever embarrassing issue they got going on up top. The only reason to not show the top is a janky closure, leave out not blended, no edges and you know the rest.

FearlessNik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FearlessNik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Now I agree with this. I don't give a damn if its packaged in weed rolling papers. I just want to know how the hair looks.

LOL

Edited by FearlessNik - May 18 2014 at 7:58pm
akajess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akajess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:18am
Ughhh it gets on my last nerve differently when they have a closure installed like wtffudgeee why u hiding it if its so laid????
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic