Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Styling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I doing this right?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
vivawired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivawired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I doing this right?
    Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 3:50pm
I'm about to detangle my TWA and I need help on what I've been doing wrong.

I wash my hair every other sunday. I also co-wash every Wednesday and the Sunday when I don't wash it.

I use SheaMoisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie mixed with Care Free Curl and that's it. I've been experiencing a lot of breakage and stuff. I play with my hair a lot and every time that i do, a hair strand always ends up falling out. I also have a lot of knotted styled-curls. 

For styling, I just rub my hair in a circular pattern and call it a day. 

Do I need to use other products?
Like what's a sealer, is Care Free curl a sealer or is the Curl enhancing smoothie enough?

For detangiing I use Knot today, and I also have KCCC, but I don't use it because I hate putting it in every other day.

Help! I'll post pics, once I wash it and detangle it.
Sponsored Links

DominicanCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by vivawired vivawired wrote:

I'm about to detangle my TWA and I need help on what I've been doing wrong.

I wash my hair every other sunday. I also co-wash every Wednesday and the Sunday when I don't wash it.

I use SheaMoisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie mixed with Care Free Curl and that's it. I've been experiencing a lot of breakage and stuff. I play with my hair a lot and every time that i do, a hair strand always ends up falling out. I also have a lot of knotted styled-curls. 

For styling, I just rub my hair in a circular pattern and call it a day. 

Do I need to use other products?
Like what's a sealer, is Care Free curl a sealer or is the Curl enhancing smoothie enough?

For detangiing I use Knot today, and I also have KCCC, but I don't use it because I hate putting it in every other day.

Help! I'll post pics, once I wash it and detangle it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back when I had my TWA one of my biggest mistakes was to think that because my hair was short it didn't need TLC as much. I see you are not prepooing, and you are not deep conditioning; do you go to bed with your hair unwrapped? do you use a sating pillow cover or something similar? are you keeping an eye on your mositure/protein balance?

A sealer is an oil that works for you hair and retains the moisture that you put in. I use jojoba oil mixed with some other oils. Maybe start prepooing with coconut oil (for example) you can put it on and leave it over night; on your wash days start by getting your hair wet, then putting conditioner on. Work the conditioner on your scalp and apply it to the entire length of you hair, rinse it and then shampoo.

When you apply your shampoo, apply it only to your scalp and gently massage it in to loosen up the dirt, do not rub your hair, only gently massage it on your scalp with the end of your fingers Once you rinse your shampoo is time to apply conditioner again, this time your gonna put your hair in a bag while you finish with the shower rituals (if you shower at the same time) and get it out of the way. This will give time to the conditioner to work in your hair.

Then, comb small sections of your hair with all the patience and love in the world, rinse out and wrap it in a t-shirt. Put your products on and then finish with some oil, and stop playing with your hair. I know it feels good Tongue though
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 4:12pm
Sounds like you need some kind of protein-based product in your rotation.  Hence why your hair is snapping off. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic