FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Always fighting with friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:31am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Oh I'm just reading the part about them not paying up on time. Girl....lol...they are not your friends. Please stop saying that. 

My so-called "friend" of a roommate stopped paying her half of the rent for like 3 months. The only way I found out is because the manager called me to ask if we were renewing and that we would need to pay the missing part. Both of our names were on the lease. In the end, that landlord gave me my deposit and she put the responsibility of the unpaid rent on my roommate, but that was her. I had to butter her azz up for that. So, you should go speak with your landlord..let he/she know the situation. Give your notice. Tell him/her you will continue paying your portion and you're not sure what the others will do. That way when you leave, you get your deposit back and you're cleared from any issues with back rent. Speak up now...don't wait. Get the landlord on your side..maybe even inquire about transferring into a studio or one bedroom. 

Play them nice for the duration of your lease and be out. 

i know this may sound naive but I really can't see them doing this...they aren't this grimey...and the landlord knows how much we're paying separately since that's how we pay him so if he doesn't receive their portion, he will take it up with them. That's the best part out of this...but even if, I don't see them being ratchet like that.

As for the deposit, I don't have to worry about that because I only paid first and last...because we did that, there was no deposit, thank God

Every time the landlord wants to fix something in the house or come over, he calls me so I'm assuming he thinks I may be the more responsible one in the house regarding bills and when things need to get fixed so I don't think I'd have to win him over anymore (even tho this isn't a competition)
Sponsored Links

mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

I agree with apologizing.....I wouldn't have opened your sh*t either....you didn't show up to dinner AND to top it off you send someone else to give me your gift? you and your gift lol.

Just talk it over to smooth things out, those four months will fly by

lol meh... 
i was frustrated and I don't think I was wrong for that, what I did being in that state is what it is lol

Yea i sent them msgs apologizing for my behaviour but still saying that I'm keeping my dishes upstairs and we need to figure out some boundaries when they get back
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:34am
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I agree with everything that Khivey said.

I also hope that you see that there's a life lesson in this for you, too. One of the greatest ways to resolve a conflict is to tackle it before it escalates. Small issues become big issues unnecessarily all the time, and coming to a resolution is ALWAYS that much harder. At some point, you'll probably live with someone else--be it your man, children, family members, whomever--and you will find that having ground rules and nipping issues in the bud early usually makes life much easier.

the bolded is very true and good advice, thank you bb!

sometimes I just don't want to seem petty by bringing up every little thing that bothers me and I'm definitely someone who will stew over something and blow up about it  later when I've had enough
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:35am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

I'm in a messy ass mood so I would have took pics of all their filth and posted it on facebook and tagged them

LOL, i would NEVER do that
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:37am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Oh I'm just reading the part about them not paying up on time. Girl....lol...they are not your friends. Please stop saying that. 

My so-called "friend" of a roommate stopped paying her half of the rent for like 3 months. The only way I found out is because the manager called me to ask if we were renewing and that we would need to pay the missing part. Both of our names were on the lease. In the end, that landlord gave me my deposit and she put the responsibility of the unpaid rent on my roommate, but that was her. I had to butter her azz up for that. So, you should go speak with your landlord..let he/she know the situation. Give your notice. Tell him/her you will continue paying your portion and you're not sure what the others will do. That way when you leave, you get your deposit back and you're cleared from any issues with back rent. Speak up now...don't wait. Get the landlord on your side..maybe even inquire about transferring into a studio or one bedroom. 

Play them nice for the duration of your lease and be out. 

that right there.  Reaching out to your landlord is the best thing you can do right now. U need to worry about yourself and fucc those females Hairdo.  these females will fucc u in your ear and not care.  Like Khivey, RR and a few other stated... these people are not your friends.  It's a hassle to move but a peaceful home is worth it's weight in virgin hair.

lol again I might be naive, but I can't see them ever getting grimey like that...this is the first time I've lived with friends so again this is definitely my ignorance talking but I think they have more clout/pride than to be that way...however, we have the next 4 months so we'll see how it goes

tbh I can see them resenting me for standing firm in my decision to keep my dishes upstairs...that being said our relationships will probably change and we might not be as close but I'm coming to terms with that being a possibility. I'd rather keep my sanity than do what they want just to make them feel better
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:38am
THANK U GUYS for all the replies while I was gone...we had a huge ice storm here in toronto and I was without power for a full day.....friggin Canada

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 1:45pm
chile my sister sent me a picture of the frozen trees, glad the power is back

Bless the Lord for California

I could cry now though because the bread shop on eglinton was closed because of the storm
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:01pm
Lol yea I've never seen anything like this in my life. Toronto is usually very prepared for winter's bs but this time they are just stuped... Ppl are expected to be without power through Christmas.
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 9:06am
This is a big gap as far as age. I live in a building with young folks and remind them of being courteous all the time.

The thing is they have life to experience and common sense to gain. You are already there. I would have a long talk with them. As far as the gifts, I can see them opening them when you are there.

Next time live with people your own age. Sometimes age is number, other times it is common sense.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by SN2BPHD SN2BPHD wrote:

This is a big gap as far as age. I live in a building with young folks and remind them of being courteous all the time.

The thing is they have life to experience and common sense to gain. You are already there. I would have a long talk with them. As far as the gifts, I can see them opening them when you are there.

Next time live with people your own age. Sometimes age is number, other times it is common sense.

This is great advice. Thank you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic