| mrshairdo wrote:|
| QueenBee wrote:|
Basically, they are 21 and you are the 27 yr old mom. Honestly, at 21 I didn't have much in common with a 27 year old. I was like she pushing 30 and I just turned legal age to drink.
Those.girls have already figured out if they don't clean you will.
YES THEY HAVE...and part of my resentment is that I feel they do it on purpose because they know i'll do it because I get fed up with uncleanliness faster than them
and regarding the first part you wrote, that is definitely how it is...when we get the bills, i always open them and figure out how much we owe and pay it and getting the money back is a hassle...not cuz they don't want to do it but they are bad at remembering they owe ppl money so i constantly on their case to pay me back...its horrible
for the most part i'm young at heart and i never throw my age in their face (even now while we're fighting about this) which is why we became good friends to begin with...but i see the differences in our maturity levels with small things like this....
It's Deja vu for me to read this thread!
I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM when I was 28 years old!
One of my pet peeves is a CLEAN HOUSE and a friend and I lived together for about a year. We are only 3 years apart though SHE WAS OLDER! ... so it's not an age thing. Disaster.
- EVERY DISH in the house would get dirty time and time again .. and I would clean them all
- I would talk to her about it - nothing
- when the utility bills came I would lay them out on the counter where I had penciled in my half and her half of the bills etc. She agreed to do it like this.
- then one day (for no particular reason) the lights went off. I called them amd they said we were behind by X amount - and it was a big amount. Of course, I pay my bills every month so that meant she had stopped paying her half altogether for the last couple of months.
- I went to her room and I see a note on her door 'going to the bahamas' with her non-working bf.
- I pick up the phone again ... but now it's dead. I ask my neighbor use their phone ... I call the phone company ... SAME S***. She has not paid her half of the phone bill in so that's why they turned the phone off!
- I packed up all my clean dishes and packed them away in my closest and bought some paper plates.
- Still we argued. She not want to pick up or clean and feels it's her business and she can do what we wants.
Yes, I just packed up and moved outta there.
A lot went on but even yeaaaars later, when she had kids .. she was living the same way. Not paying bills because she wanted some 200 dollar shoes.. letting a loser non-working man live with her. Keeping a NASTY HOUSE.
The moral of the story is that it's not age so much as it is JUST THE WAY some people live. Irresponsible.
My advice - take back your gifts and store them. Maybe at some point in the future you will make up and then give them your gifts. Clearly they are p*** at you now.
Stay to yourself d avoid them these last 4 months - as you say you have to stay 4 more months - and then just move out and get your own place.
To this day .. if I live with a man .. he knows EARLY ON just by visiting me that he needs to pick up after himself and pitch in to keep the house up to standard. I watch for how men handle themselves in the household. Otherwise you will be trapped living with someone you love THAT'S NASTY!
But that was the last time I had a roommate.
Edited by Printer_Ink - Dec 22 2013 at 6:10am