BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative way to maintain length?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative way to maintain length?
    Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 1:01pm
I have hair that breaks easily even when detangling gently, wet, soaking with product, wide toothed comb etc... and my growth rate is immensely slow as it is. I need to retain all the length I can seeing as I only get about 3 inches a year. I'd like to keep all that lol. 

I was wondering if anybody thought this would be something worth trying. This is the best detangler there is out there. Yes, it's generally a horse product, like MTG and Megatek and other growth aids. This makes coils and matts dissolve like butter. I've used it on my horses before and it's a miracle worker and it's been used more nowadays in kinky and curly hair for detangling just recently as I've been seeing in it's product reviews. I was wondering if detangling with this all the time to avoid any snags or hair loss could over time be beneficial to less breakage and in turn retaining more length and thickness. 

http://www.cowboymagic.com/cowboy-magic-detangler/

Purchase (amazon): 16oz http://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Magic-Detangler-Shine-16/dp/B000A6ZL3K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363972138&sr=8-2&keywords=cowboy+magic

4oz http://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Magic-Detangler-Shine/dp/B000A6XGY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363972138&sr=8-1&keywords=cowboy+magic

I'm not normally at all into products with cones and things I don't recognize... I'm DEFINITELY a natural and pure ingredient prude... but I was considering making an exception for this if the idea yields any growth retention. 

These are the ingredients:  

Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Ethylhexy Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 5:22pm
I think its worth a shot :)
(Here's your complimentary grain of salt; best taken with my advice) :D
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 7:11pm
Doesn't seem like anything special to me but hey it's worth a shot!
tmrockville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmrockville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 8:46pm
I use this every now and then and it works pretty good.  A few ladies use it in the FLW section to help with severe tangles.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 11:14pm
Good. That's sort of what I'm going for. If I could ONLY lose shed hairs and break less others and pull out less others, maybe I can keep my hair at its healthiest/fullest/longest.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 12:03am
I have this product, i have used it maybe 3 times. As a detangler it worked okay on my tightly coily hair but it did not melt the tangles. Now I have developed a regimen in which I have a lot less tangles and rarely any knots. This has worked. I do not like the texture of this product it is like a thick serum and it coats the hair strands. The last time I used it was to press my hair with and that is what I will use it for in the future. I will not repurchase this product. A little does go a long way. If you like it I see no harm in using it as a detangler, if you keep your hair shampooed weekly. What we put on our hair will eventually work its way down to the scalp, so keeping your hair cleaned when using a product such as this is very important.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 12:11pm
i've never actually used it on my own head, just my horses lol. but i've wanted to try it since i've taken home megatak and mtg from the barn before and used it like lots of ppl do nowadays.

what is your regimen to avoid tangles and knots? I've experimented with banding and stretching thus far but my hair isn't really impressed by that much manipulation and sheds a lot when i band and unband.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 8:06am
Is your hair relaxed? If your hair is relaxed and you're having this breakage problem, no product will help you. I'm willing to bet money on it. Post in this thread after you buy the product and let us know how it goes. I think you will find you wasted your money looking for a magic bullet when the truth is your hair is damaged beyond repair with each relaxer. Not everyone's hair can handle relaxer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 8:48am
Goodness no. I went natural in 2001. My avi is just my hair pressed, which I only do twice a year.
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 5:49pm
I remember when this was the rage on another hair board awhile back. No harm in using it but as another poster started just make sure to shampoo thoroughly or risk product build up. Another good detangler is Fantasia detangling serum in the green bottle if u feel funny about using the horsey products.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>