It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MissGirly85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 11:19am
Thanks sooo much for this post I can't wait to try this out on my hair and see what a difference it does.
Sponsored Links

MissGirly85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 11:20am
Thanks I can't wait until I try this on my hair and see what a difference it does.
KayBeeSan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 4:35pm
I think I will also try this treatment.  In October I broke down and got a relaxer after over a year without one.  Now I think I'll stick to this and really transition to natural.  Thanks byrd!!!
Tequilat08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 9:04pm
I've heard of this before- and I've seen the results and it looks really good- and no it's not japanese hair straightening (that's just another term for perm, really)Wink
Delicate1986 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2008 at 11:11pm
Hello, I am new to the forum and I tried to find an appropriate area to post my question.  Well, if I put it in the wrong area, I am sorry.  But I was wondering what should I do to begin to grow out my hair.  I have not permed my hair in about 4 weeks, and already my hair is sooo wild.  I am looking into the carmelization. I currently use Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner, Infusium leave in conditioner, and DooGroo Stimulating Growth Oil.  After I wash my hair about once a week, I usually flat iron about once for the week and wrap my hair every night.  Is there more should I do?  I never survived without a perm for more that 2 months!  How can I make the transition into natural hair smoother?  I am in med school and I generally do not have much time to spend on long hair regimens.

Thanks For Your Help

CandiiMamii26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2008 at 4:38pm
i have the same thing. i even have that condition when i didnt have chemicals in my hair, so idk. if i dont wear braids/weaves/anything that blocks me from getting to my scalp i dont get any dandruff. i personally think its kinda gross not to wash your hair for longer than a week, so i dont really have a problem with it. i can still wear weaves and braids but i have to take extra care to keep my scalp clean so that i dont get dandruff.
xqueendeex View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2008 at 5:29pm
would it be possible to use the creme of nature detangling conditioning shampoo? It is the extra body formula but one of the ingredients on the back is sodium lauryl sulfate
leisa1luv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2008 at 7:39pm
I just ordered some of the carmel products from ETAE so I will update everyone on delivery time.  I am glad I read this post I'm about 10 weeks post and it's thick up there!    LOL
ladymeghann View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2008 at 10:41pm
Thanks for the 411 Byrd.  I am sorry to hear that they are phasing carmel out.  I keep telling everyone that this product is the best thing next to sliced bread.  I've been doing the carmel treatment once every 4-6 weeks.  I haven't had a touch up since Sept. and even then, it didn't take so it is almost been a year when March comes.  I learned more about my hair as well.  They are:

1.  Don't use Carmel less then 4 weeks.  It made my hair dryer.

2.  You can use a sulfate shampoo and still get the same results.  I had to go back to using Kera Care because despite Carmel detangled my roots, my hair still felt a little dry and the flat iron didn't get it straight like I wanted it.  Maybe it was the heat that contribute to the dryness.  Anyways, my hair loves to rotate from Kera Care shampoo and conditioner to Design Essentials shampoo and conditioner.

3.  If you still get breakage after using Carmel, use a different moisturizing shampoo.  For me, it is always a moisture thing and never a protein thing.  I used CON for a good while but the breakage came.  Carmel still got my hair straight, but my hair needed moisture and it was getting tangles.  EVOO and hot oil treatment did ok, but I don't have the time to do that every time I do my hair.  So using the shampoos that I listed came to my rescue.

4.  If you want it real straight, a blow dryer that is strong like a solano combine with a good flat iron afterwards.  Chi flat iron worked for me.  Sedu is alright but doesn't do the trick.

5.  If you always wanted to get your hair to grow, stretching is the key and Carmel did just that.  My mom and husband have both told me how my hair has grown.  It seemed like my hair was going to stay at that same short cut 4-ever but now, that isn't the caseSmile.

6.  Carmel has improved my texture.  I noticed I can go longer that 6 weeks to 8 weeks before putting Carmel back in and even then, I didn't really need it.  I just wanted my hair shiny and bouncier.  So, if you like to sport a fro and want it back, it may take several weeks before it gets out of the Carmel stage.

Thanks again Byrd for bringing the post up.  I probably will buy a few bottles before they end it and try to make it myself self (boo for that!).
MissArdrey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2008 at 2:38pm
Thanks ladymeghann for posting that info.  I'm one of those people who like to wear a fro and it good to hear some feed back from someone about how long it takes to go back.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic