Alternative Deodorant?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 11:27pm
I've used straight up baking soda before when I slept over my friend's house and forgot my deodorant. It worked well. I'm not a person who sweats much so there wasn't an issue with perspiration.

Edited by ImThatDiva - Nov 20 2012 at 11:28pm
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 11:33pm

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BvNP_cOneWI/Tb2IZDcQquI/AAAAAAAAACU/y0Hl0arp_fA/s1600/toms_of_maine_original_care_deodorant_stick_honeysuckle_rose__54665_zoom.jpg

You can buy it at Target/Walmart
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Yes, you can use a mixture of baking soda, corn starch (or arrowroot powder), coconut oil, & your favorite essential oil. Or a half cut lime works well too.

I just made my own deodorant using these ingredients and it works so well. They key is to use more baking soda or cornstarch so the consistency is dry/powdery (if that's what you like). Too much coconut oil makes the solution runny and (in summer months) your deodorant will melt lol.

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:59am
I used this spray that my sister bought from Trader Joes. It was a natural deodorant. The ingredients: purified water, mineral salt and an essential oil like lavender for light scent. It was in the summer. It kept me fresh the whole day. I don't know how it holds up when you exercise, but I know I sweat in the summer a bit up under there. I was definitely amazed. I figured I would just make my own because for a 4.5 oz bottle it was quite pricey. I can't find any mineral salt here, so I may just have to have some ordered and sent. 
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:05am
I've tried baking soda on wet freshly showered skin and it really worked but it made my underarms peel horribly

lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:36pm
So here's my report. I googled home made deodorant after the suggestions on this thread. I did try baking soda last night, but didn't love the feeling on my skin. This morning I got up early and melted some coconut oil and shea butter and a few drops of lemongrass essential oil (which I use to fragrance my hair concoctions if they don't smell great, BUT I discovered it also has antibacterial properties!). I spread a little on my pits after my shower and they still seem fresh. It is winter and cold weather right now.  The test will be the gym.

I appreciate the suggestions.  Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123