FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative Deodorant?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative Deodorant?
    Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:33am
Does anyone have an alternative to regular/store deodorants that actually works? I have suddenly developed a sensitivity to all deodorant. I tried without and it kind of worked - it is winter. I know it won't work in summer because I went out dancing and really wished I had some with me.

My mother does not use it and smells good. I must have missed out on those genes. I am trying the alum stone, but it does not seem to work.

Any recipies? or tips. I already shower in the morning and evening.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:34am
do you mean antiperspirant?

i dont use antiperspirant but i do use deodorant. 
bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:39am
Making soda mixed with coconut oil seems to work for some people.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:39am
Whatever this is. I stopped using sprays and thought roll ons would be kinder, but still got that sore feeling underarm.

I think I mean deodorant. All of them have aluminum in and the ones that don't that I found had BHT which I am allergic to.
bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:40am
Baking soda mixed with coconut oil seems to work for some people. I don't use deodorant because of the aluminum. like your mom, I don't smell. I will use it a few times during the summer though.

Edited by bk2la981 - Nov 20 2012 at 9:42am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by bk2la981 bk2la981 wrote:

Making soda mixed with coconut oil seems to work for some people.

WIll try it out and report back. I am guessing baking soda? Not drinking soda?
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:52am
rub some lemons or limes in your armpit?
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by lovelybrown lovelybrown wrote:

Whatever this is. I stopped using sprays and thought roll ons would be kinder, but still got that sore feeling underarm.

I think I mean deodorant. All of them have aluminum in and the ones that don't that I found had BHT which I am allergic to.

thats not true that why i was trying to find out what you meant.  the aluminum is in the antiperspirant.  a deodorant is just for odor not perspiration.

amazon
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 10:01am
I too have issues with deodorant but this one works really well for me:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kiehls-superbly-efficient-anti-perspirant-deodorant-cream/2922401?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

Edited by dejee - Nov 20 2012 at 10:01am
dazed& View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dazed& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 10:46am
Lemon juice
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic