BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Alternative Religions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alt. Religions Random Thoughts 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 106>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NewFreedom11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewFreedom11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 2:14pm
See? SEE? Look at the lapse of time between my comment and yours! There's like one or two comments per month since! LOL
Sponsored Links

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 11:49am
Aww, yeah.  I haven't been on as much.  Cry
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 12:28pm

Thought: everytime someone mentions religion in TTT its ok, anytime I do it, I'm derailing EVEN THO it is TOTALLY related to the topic

Question 1:
Why do religious ppl do the most dirt??

Question 2:
If there is a sick person in the hospital and many are praying for his well being & full recovery, when he dies, does that mean you didn't pray hard enough or does it mean there is no god?
NewFreedom11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NewFreedom11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Thought: everytime someone mentions religion in TTT its ok, anytime I do it, I'm derailing EVEN THO it is TOTALLY related to the topic

Question 1:
Because they're often the most misguided. They follow the rules written by high shepherds in the desert, edited by rich priests and rulers that wanted to control the masses. Of course they're going to be a little tapped in the head.

Question 2:
If there is a sick person in the hospital and many are praying for his well being & full recovery, when he dies, does that mean you didn't pray hard enough or does it mean there is no god?
According to them, it wasn't in their god's will that this person should live, and this situation (surviving the death and praying together) was a strengthening of their faith. Some will stop believing, some will think they didn't pray enough. It all depends. Either way they will ALWAYS find a way to explain it so that their god looks good. Religious people are the best PR their god could ever work for.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 7:55am

Question 1:

Question 2:

Answer 1: Religious people don't do the most dirt.  We just get frustrated by some of the dirt they do in the name of religion because it makes no sense to us.  They may do particular kinds of dirt more than non-religious people, but people are people.  We come up with very clever ways to rationalize crappy behavior.  Religion is one of those ways, but there are and will always be others.

Answer 2:  If you don't believe in God, I don't understand the point of this question.  Obviously, it'd be that there's no god to us.  If someone is religious, them praying won't make any sense to you if you don't believe.  I'm not sure what your goal was in that thread, but the topic just wasn't well placed.  If we're talking about paying to put prayer in hospitals as a means of healing, by all means...rant away.  We were talking about the death of someone's child though. 
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Question 1:Why do religious ppl do the most dirt??

Question 2:

Answer 1: Religious people don't do the most dirt.  We just get frustrated by some of the dirt they do in the name of religion because it makes no sense to us.  They may do particular kinds of dirt more than non-religious people, but people are people.  We come up with very clever ways to rationalize crappy behavior.  Religion is one of those ways, but there are and will always be others.

Answer 2:  If you don't believe in God, I don't understand the point of this question.  Obviously, it'd be that there's no god to us.  If someone is religious, them praying won't make any sense to you if you don't believe.  I'm not sure what your goal was in that thread, but the topic just wasn't well placed.  If we're talking about paying to put prayer in hospitals as a means of healing, by all means...rant away.  We were talking about the death of someone's child though. 

I agree that the dirt is probably evenly distributed amoungst religious and non religious people alike.  However, it seems that devout, uber religious folks are the loudest.  They band together to be heard the most.   It seems that non-dogmatic people do their dirty work in "secret" or don't rally others to do it with them.

In addition, questions don't always have to have a point, other than food for thought.  Also, I don't understand why so many claim to have such a strong faith in "god's will" and the after life, yet fight so hard against it and say they believe in existance of the soul, heaven, and rewards, yet act like it is the end when someone dies. Where is the faith that there is a better place than this?

While I am not religious, I do believe in the power of prayer, it has been PROVEN that whatever force is created through prayer can effect physical changes; it is an energy that is measurable.  But sometimes you are just NOT going to change the way things are, and imo, religion should give comfort to those in that situation. Somehow it has morphed into some kind of magical tradition with arbitrary rules that people are often surprised to find doesn't work, because they are doing it wrong and have missed the entire point of its purpose . . .
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 7:45am
My answers were based on the content of the questions.  This all occurred in the thread about Tameka's son and his injuries.  Someone posted a prayer and that's when she asked the prayer question.  I don't actually think prayer is useful at all, but I'm not going to ask those sorts of questions when people are obviously grieving and hurt about the situation.  I can't help but be biased toward her questions when I know why she's asking them.  I've given my general opinion a number of times though.  I have nothing against bunnyahh and we see eye to eye on a lot of things.  Just not in this case.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 8:26am
Iasmine, I find it comforting that the people who post in AR are generally more open minded than those in TTT.  It seems we are able to agree or disagree and still see the worth in what others say.  I enjoy it here.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 10:12am
I enjoy it here as well...even when it's painfully quiet. LOL
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2012 at 1:49am
i havent been here in forever. hi all. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System