BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Alopecia.... Help needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
Platniumdime4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platniumdime4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alopecia.... Help needed
    Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 10:11am

Just wondering if any ladies suffer from this issue. I am near tears everytime I think about what I am going through and I really need some advice one regimens to regain growth and any other info you feel may be useful for me.

I am just at a lost as to what to do.
Sponsored Links

CarenMarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarenMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 11:23am

I suffer from alopecia on both sides of my head from tight pony tails/braids as a child. Mega-tek has made a huge difference even though I'm not on a fixed schedule for applications. It's nowhere near fully repaired but I can wear my hair in a twistout without it being fully noticeable. A friend of mine has alopecia on the top of her head (about a ten inch round shiny spot), her doctor gave her a gel she uses with the mega-tek and she has experienced re-growth. PM me if you'd like me to ask her the name of it.

I'd recommend applying the mega-tek before your nightly skincare routine to make sure the mixture doesn't sit on the skin past the hairline (I had a few breakouts). For overall growth I'm thinking of adding it to my daily moisturizing spray. HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarenMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 12:22pm
Hey ladies I'll be back tonight with the name of the gel my friends doctor just prescribed her. 
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 5:27pm
i'm sorry! do you know what caused it? my cousin had it bad from childhood from her parents putting heavy and mini extensions in her hair from the time she was in diapers. she's never had hair since, just enough to put into weave, which i've never seen her without except maybe once. 

so i don't have it but i know one person who has. but i hear scalp massaging is useful for restoring affected areas. 
Platniumdime4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platniumdime4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 9:11am

Thanks ladies for your responses.. I believe it started from sew ins and invisible braids. I now suffer from it around my hairline AND the top of my head. Please let me know the name of the gel and also how do you apply your mega tek?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarenMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 7:18pm
I'm sorry, I completely forgot to post. Unhappy The gel is call Targretin, she said it's 1% Bexarotene Gel and that your general doctor can give you a prescription but they may send you to a dermatologist. 

My friend with the regrowth now uses Mega-Tek every other night and the Targretin every other morning. Please Please consult with your doctor ladies because you could damage your hair follicles permanently if this treatment is to strong for your needs.  HTH's  

Edited by CarenMarie - Sep 29 2012 at 7:19pm
vjykmr89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjykmr89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 2:01am
Some medications used are minoxidil, elocon ointment (steroid cream) irritants (anthralin or topical coal tar), and topical immunotherapy cyclosporine, sometimes in different combinations. If the area starts to get flaky, DO NOT pick at it. It will make your scalp burn. Put lotion on the area too.

JoyBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoyBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 6:14pm
This  http://public.fotki.com/IsItOnlyHair/alopecia/alopecia-areata/ - Fotki has some inspiring information about Alopecia. HTH/HHJ.
cutetyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cutetyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 7:45pm
I had traction alopecia and what has helped me was the gro-aut oil and the bhringraj oil.
See my results here
http://public.fotki.com/cutetyra/start-of-my-natural/hhj-comp.html

My spot used to be clearer than the first pic on my fotki.
I swear by the bhringraj oil, this oil is very excellent for alopecia. But I use both oils to obtain these results.
one day I was using the gro-aut oil and the other day the bhringraj oil.
And I also became natural.

Edited by cutetyra - Oct 11 2012 at 7:49pm
cutetyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cutetyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 12:23am
hi all, I've finally found a pic to show you how bad my bald spot was at the beginning.
In this comparison pics, I was using Hairdrenalin but I do not recommand it because I lost my edges in the process... But I should precise that I was baggying my hair with hairdrenalin as the product founder advises. And it seems that now it should not be the case. 
Anyway... I've tried so many things (castor oil, JBCO, MN) before deciding to give a try to GAO and I have no regrets. 

http://public.fotki.com/cutetyra/start-of-my-natural/baldspt.html

PS: I am not making any publicity here, I am just sharing my experience.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic