Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Hair Gels, Oils, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Aloe Vera Gel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 11:10am
I've used the Fruit of the Earth brand mixed with Wave nouveau for my edges.  Its best to use with moisture.  At 7+ weeks post it manages my edges but not slick them.  If I want slick I have to reach for the IC Fantasia with Sparkle lites. Wink
Sponsored Links

mizbisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizbisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2009 at 9:20pm
i'm planning to use it mixed with curl activator for my curly styles and twists
kayanna1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayanna1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2009 at 11:58pm
isnt aloe vera olive oil ?
neekie5235 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neekie5235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2009 at 6:47pm
no, aloe vera and olive oil come from 2 totally different plants and they work with your hair differently as well.

i use aloe vera gel on a daily basis. when i wear my hair natural (which is my primary style) i use it as my base product for moisture and add my other stuff on top to seal it in. then i use it on 2nd day hair with water to refresh my curls.

when i do my hair straight i use it again as my base product and then again to help slick my edges down for ponies. it doesn't help with the kitchen though (not by its self at least) because it doesn't add any weight or stiffness to the hair. at least not for me, i cant speak on others hair because different products act differently on peoples hair. all i can say is try it and if it doesn't work, mix it with your lotion and put it on your elbows lol it wont be a waste of money and its not expensive (i use the CVS store brand)
mzhoneythang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzhoneythang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2009 at 8:10am
when i put it on my face (not mixed with anything), it makes my face....dry....i was disappointed, maybe if i mix it with water it'll do better, but i was like...it's supposed to be a good moisturizer... :(
GA SonShyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA SonShyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2009 at 6:44am

I use Aloe Vera Gel (lily of the desert) mixed with glycerine and Jojoba oul. I make it into a gel and use it daily in my and my daughters hair.

Helps keep our scalp and hair moisturized.

I even take some and run it through my hair to lay down my fly aways.

You can cut the scent with peppermint oil if need be
honey23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honey23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2009 at 12:24am
I pretty much use it like reg. gel for curl definintion and it works good.  Not as good IC fantasia gel but its still a good gel. It also doesnt get as hard as the IC fantasia.
neekie5235 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neekie5235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 12:30am
and thats why i like it. i dont like my hair to feel crunchy or anything. i like a natural hold and thats what i get with this. i mean if i do need a stronger hold for a style then i go for my trusty never fail brown protien gel :)
twotwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twotwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 11:18pm
I use Trader Joes aloe vera gel after reading afew good reviews about it. It has vitamin E and flower extracts in it and has a nice smell. It moisturizes the hair well and keeps my hair in place when I braid it at for bed. I don't need to use any other product on my hair besides this.
voncile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voncile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2009 at 9:53pm
Has any one mixed the AVG with Shea Butter? If, so how did it come out? I have seen videos on youtube, but they didnt have too much detail. How much AVG did you use?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic