Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Almost a year since my DH passed...(vent)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 4.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 9:32am
And this may sound trite but have you tried yoga? I have found it really calming and meditative. I can suggest some classes in the DMV if you're still here.

Edited by EPITOME - Jul 22 2014 at 9:35am
Sponsored Links

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 9:39am
(((((hugs))))).  I'm sorry for your loss, and sad that this happened to you.  Glad to see you're feeling a bit better today.
A year is no time at all to grieve someone especially someone so close to you.  You will heal on your own timetable.
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 9:52am
Hug Sorry for your loss.  The Grieving process is different for everyone and it has no time limit.  I just wanted to let you know that there is no reason for you to apologize.  It's okay to grieve and you can take as long as you like.  Just as long as it doesn't start affecting your day to day activities.  I'm sure you know when it is time to seek help for yourself as well as your family.  Yes, you are a Psychologist.  Yes, you are a mom, but also remember you are human too and you're not immune to the help and/or advice you give your clients.  Hug
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

One thing that comes through your font is that you're a tremendously strong woman. I am happy you are in better spirits.
^^
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 1:08pm
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

One thing that comes through your font is that you're a tremendously strong woman. I am happy you are in better spirits.
very true and ditto, b bean.  
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

But sometimes it's best to keep it simple. I'm saying thank you, and I really mean thank you. Thank you all.
 take your time and please don't hesitate to keep us updated or to vent. HugHeart

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

*drag queen twirl*
HeartHug
this just made me giggle 
LOL
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 5:43pm
I would drop some Bible quotes regarding the matter that could help you cope, but im not on that level yet. Anyhow even though I never lost anyone really close to me, I understand mental wounds take time to heal just like physical ones, and can fester for a long time if not emotionally set properly, so you shouldnt feel like youre permanently trapped in an inescapable void especially after losing someone who meant so much less then a year ago. Just dont let people with little understanding of your situation determine how you should feel, being as though you cant change your emotions at the flick of a switch. Youre still missing him, and when you think of him, you feel the effects of his absence, and even though its good to think about him, dont hang on to your grief as the only way of keeping him in your memory or it will further inprison you. I guess you gotta get to a point of not feeling guilty for wanting to move on. Im saying I guess because youre the psychologist, and im just some guy. This sounded cliché, and probably been said, but some support from an internet stranger you may, or may not like shouldnt hurt.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 6:12pm
I take care of older patients and this is a topic that comes up all the time and the most random moments.  People miss their one true love.  I've seen people go on to be in other relationships and when that person leaves the room they began to tell me about their late spouse and how much they miss them through tears.  

When your life is so intertwined with someone else's for so many years and everything you do someway ties back to them, how unimaginably devastating it must be to have that person ripped away.  I say ripped because even if it is an expected death, the intricate meshing doesn't easily detangle, it tears.  Every thread with a frayed, cut off end.  

I am so sorry for your loss.  You are not alone.  Since you're online, perhaps a site like Daily Strength http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Widows-Widowers/support-group  might be a comfort.  God bless and keep you.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 7:22pm
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I heard a saying that we can never accept the loss, we just learn to deal with it. 

I have a spouse and I know that you are going through a lot that no one else can imagine unless they have been through it.  I would consider visiting daily strength, I went over and joined myself just to have another message board for support, reading, encouragement.

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 7:48pm
HugMy mom passed recently and its really been tough for me.  However I really worry most about my dad.  They were literally joined at the hip so even though I grieve for my mom, I know my dad is missing his love of his life for 55 years...Relish in your memories and don't be afraid to share with your children your pain.  I think you will be surprised how much they want you to share your pain with them.  And every day is a new day. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic