Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Almost a year since my DH passed...(vent)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 4.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:34pm
I agree with Uppity. My mom is going through something similar and she feels the same way as you. I wish she would cofide in me more because I love her. Im sure your children feel the same. I think they are going to worry about you either way.

ETA: Jones, that is a great idea as well.

Either way, I wish you the best BBHug

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jul 21 2014 at 4:36pm
Sponsored Links

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:36pm
Sorry about your loss BB - I think what you feel is not abnormal and grieving is a process. Don't feel bad for missing him. Time will ultimately heal...
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:37pm
I understand what you mean about other family and friends wanted you to hop back so quickly.

My mama got so pissed when a woman she knew asked her was she dating yet

Hugs to you B.
I hate to hear you're feeling so sad

Edited by jonesable - Jul 21 2014 at 4:41pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:40pm
my sis in law passed last week and i've made it a point to bring her up in conversations with the kids as much as possible without it seeming forced. just regular stuff like while we're in the kitchen i might ask what their mom's favorite food was or silly stuff like i've asked if their mom ever trusted their sticky, crummy hands to help her cook lol stuff like that.

their eyes always seem to light up when i bring her into the conversation. like we're not morning our loss/trying to push thoughts of her absence from her minds, instead we're celebrating and holding on to all the great memories. seems to be therapeutic (sp?) for all of us. 

i don't know if you do this or not. just thought i'd offer what little advice i can. Hug

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:41pm
missed jones' post. i feel exactly the same way.
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:43pm
I came on here as well when my grandmother passed in 2012. I know how you feel!

HeartHug
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:45pm
HugHug

All of the hugs.

I think the only reason I've never lost anyone close to me is because god knows I wouldn't be able to handle it. So I just...I don't even know.

Do whatever feels right and good to you. And if you are ever in la, I will take you to roscoes and we can eat waffles and chicken (which honestly, always makes me feel better, at least in the moment).
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:46pm
you sound like my BIL. It's been a while for him but time doesn't really heal. He still talks about my sis as if she's still here; and even tho at times it's hard for me  to hear (I'm still mourning too), I let him talk and vent.

*hugs* and feel free to vent anytime.

missed you.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jul 22 2014 at 3:15am
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

This morning, I woke up at 4 am and ran downstairs to the living room wondering why he wasn't in bed. It just keeps happening.

It broke my heart to read that. Have you sought counseling?
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 4:48pm
Bog down the forum? Not in the least bit BB!!!!! Your post has brought me to tears.HugHug

We love you and miss you everyday you are away! Even saw a post of yours about him last night and felt a wave of sadness. 

but a year is only 365 days! pschew take all the time you need to grieve BB.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic