Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAllergic reaction to weaves!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
crystal82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergic reaction to weaves!
    Posted: Sep 26 2005 at 4:52pm

I've been wearing weaves on and off for the last year, however recently I've developed an allergic reaction to the premium now human hair. Wherever the hair touched my skin i would get a strange welt looking rash.I also had hives which would come and go in a matter of minutes.

My doctor suggested it could be that the hair was dyed and i may be allergic to the chemical in the dyeas this is a very common allergy(hair dye allergy).

Has anyone else expereinced this?

Could anyone suggest any alternative hair? (as I testsed Janet fusion hair against my skin and found no bad reaction)

Sponsored Links

timeless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2005 at 7:26pm

Whatever hair line you where using simply don't use and try another one. Perhaps you can try some hair that is in it's natural state without pre-colour such as Nature Girl.

good luck,

Nita81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2005 at 7:47pm
Bss human hair is heavily processed with chemicals....that's most likely why you're having a skin allergy. Your doctor is right. Did they give you anything to treat the allergy in the meantime???
MsBBWBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2005 at 10:07pm
Washing BSS hair prior to use may help get rid of some of the chemicals, but like said above, to be safe, try natural hair like indian hair. Also, if this happens again, taking some benadryl immediately will sometimes make an allergic reaction alot worse, I know from experience. Good luck, don't worry, you'll get better soon.

Edited by MsBBWBarbieDoll
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2005 at 10:26pm
Ohh wow, I had that happen to me before but with braiding hair and gel (I was getting goddess braids) and I agree bendryl works wonders, try a different hair brand, and shampoo before applying it as well.

Edited by ThAbAdDeStBaBy
bmoreflyygirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2005 at 8:07am
That happened to me once, when I got tracks glued in for junior prom.  I had had them glued in like twice when I was in 8th grade but that was it.  The hair made my face itchy and I got a bit of a rash on my cheeks.  So of course I started freaking out. LOL It went away after a few days though and I never had that problem again.  I think it was just that particular brand of hair.  I don't remember what it was though. It was so long ago.
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2005 at 8:18am

Crystal,

It is likely the BSS hair, whenever I used it, I would itch like crazy, bumps on the scalp and even sometimes feel rashy on the face.  You probably need to use only the Remy or Indian Hair.  Even the so called BSS Human Hair is not likely 100% human hair. 

essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2005 at 8:32am
Yes.  What color hair did u use?  Ive had the same thing happen to me while using Hollywoods Yaki in #1 color.  The reaction did not kick in for me until after the 1st wash.  I was HOTT b/c I had just got my hair done and it looked good   But I had to take it ALL OUT and get it redone.  Thank goodness the stylist I had was either really nice or felt sorry for me and she took it out and redid it for me with different hair at no charge.  There is something in black dye that causes allergic reaction for some people. For me it wasnt the hair/brand but the DYE and specifically the black dye.  I was able to use the same texture and brand I just had to use a lighter color. It is b/c of this experience that I try NOT to buy color #1 in ANY hair brand.  Only 1B and above.

For me it caused my forhead, neck and cheeks to itch and my lips got slightly swollen.  Not to bad, but my lips are already "ethnic" so w/the reaction I was givin Jay-Z some serious competition
crystal82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2005 at 8:40am

My doctor gave me some anti-allergy tablets but they're not working 100%. I suppose it won't clear up til i take the weave out I've only had it in for 3 weeks, i usually keep it for 2months. I'ma try brave it out til the rash comes on my face, if that happens then i'll take it out.

What's BSS hair? I've never heard of that where I live in London England! Anyone know where I can get that Indian hair online cheap or anywhere in London?

Thanks for all your replys so far x

essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2005 at 8:51am
Crystal, dont to make u feel bad but mine did not clear up until I took the hair out.  Although I did do the smart thing like u and goto the Dr for a prescription.  I just tried to "sleep it off"   And that didnt work so I had to take it out.  I know how u feel.  If you are looking for some quick and cheap indian straight hair, I would try indianhairs.com

Oh, and BSS is just short for Beauty Supply Store.

Originally posted by crystal82 crystal82 wrote:

My doctor gave me some anti-allergy tablets but they're not working 100%. I suppose it won't clear up til i take the weave out I've only had it in for 3 weeks, i usually keep it for 2months. I'ma try brave it out til the rash comes on my face, if that happens then i'll take it out.

What's BSS hair? I've never heard of that where I live in London England! Anyone know where I can get that Indian hair online cheap or anywhere in London?

Thanks for all your replys so far x

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>