Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Allergic reaction to bigen hair dye!! HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
RLoveLeseur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLoveLeseur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergic reaction to bigen hair dye!! HELP!!!
    Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 1:10pm
Hi everyone! I had an allergic reaction to bigen dye last week. I went to the doctors to comfirm this and she said I have dermatitis in my head from the dye. She gave me prednisonne, zyrtex, cortisone foam for my scalp and benedryl. I took all the medication and it was clearing up, but now no more meds but the benedryl and zyrtex that Im tired of taking and it seem to be coming back @ the neckline where it was very crusty, bumpy , leaking and irritating! I have to admit I was scratching it so this might have lead to the return of the hideous bumps on my neck line!  I want to strip the dye from my hair to get rid of the chemical causing this itching and irritation, but unsure if it's safe for me to do so yet. I purchased some colorfix but on the box it says to not use it if your scalp is irritated and sore. Im having a hard time here with this crap and I want to get rid of the dermatitis in my head. Can anyone help me please? I have been all over the internet, and this is the only site that seems creditable enough to give me some sound advice! The doctor didn't say anything about ridding my hair of the chemical that caused this in the first place! She just said there is some evil black dye out there right now! Im suffering with systemic hives too and this I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, well maybe my worst enemy, but you know what I mean! Lols Thanks ya'll I really appreciate all your help!!! :-D

Sponsored Links

GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 6:16pm
Did you use semi-perm or perm? If semi perm use a clarifying shampoo + lemon/lime juice or poo + baking soda or poo + dish washing soap.

Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Mix some baking soda with clarifying shampoo and a lil warm water until it becomes a smooth (like cake batter) and apply to hair. Let it sit for like 30 minutes add a lil more warm water, rinse and deep condition. That should get most of it out.

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Sep 22 2011 at 6:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLoveLeseur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 6:54pm
I used Bigen dye oriental black. Thank you so much for your help! Im gonna get o this in the morning! You made this girl very happy! WinkSmile
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by GoatGoatEtc. GoatGoatEtc. wrote:

Did you use semi-perm or perm? If semi perm use a clarifying shampoo + lemon/lime juice or poo + baking soda or poo + dish washing soap.

Mix some baking soda with clarifying shampoo and a lil warm water until it becomes a smooth (like cake batter) and apply to hair. Let it sit for like 30 minutes add a lil more warm water, rinse and deep condition. That should get most of it out.

Beat me to it!LOLClap

Sounds like you've had and allergic reaction to PPD and possibly some other things found in Bigen, Paon and Black Rose hair colors. Since your scalp is still sensitive, I'd suggest doing deep conditioning warm oil treatments that are good for your scalp and will help pull out some of that Bigen. After your scalp is healed do the baking soda treatments. This is effective both permenant and semi permenant... you just gotta be patient.Wink 
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 5:23am

Originally posted by GoatGoatEtc. GoatGoatEtc. wrote:

Beat me to it!LOLClap

Sounds like you've had and allergic reaction to PPD and possibly some other things found in Bigen, Paon and Black Rose hair colors. Since your scalp is still sensitive, I'd suggest doing deep conditioning warm oil treatments that are good for your scalp and will help pull out some of that Bigen. After your scalp is healed do the baking soda treatments. This is effective both permenant and semi permenant... you just gotta be patient.Wink 

Tongue Gotta share the good advice this forum's been getting lately? Don't I?

So if I was curious about Bigen then, I'm not now. Shocked

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Sep 24 2011 at 5:24am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLoveLeseur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 10:52am
To Redsoxtober & GoatGoat,
Thank you so much! I will follow your advice & be patient!!! WinkBig smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 10:56pm
Not sure if you're still having this issue but this could be helpful to others.  There was one important thing I forgot to mention....LET YOUR SCALP BREATHE AND REST. No hats, wraps, combs, brushes, touching etc.    
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 10:58pm

if you google "Bigen PPD" you'll find alot on it there are a few thread about it in her too but you gotta use the search...

Edited by Lilnicka4u2nv - Oct 09 2011 at 10:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 7:21am
Most artificial hair dyes contain PPD from brands like Bigen, Black Rose, Paon, the box dyes found at your local drug store, up to the professional grade hair dyes used in salons. The darker the shade, the more PPD it contans.

Here's a link to more info about PPD. If you scroll down you'll find a list of names that PPD can be listed under.
borut_pecar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borut_pecar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2012 at 8:59am

I developed PPD allergy when I was 22 years old after 4 years of hair dyeing on black. (I am male ginger and I don't like my natural hair colour).

Once you develop allergy, nothing would help. My scalp became itchy more and more and I started loosing hair. I was researching and after a year I found another

solution, indigo - indigofera tinctoria.

Due to my natural hair on which indigo did't adhere well I had to dye my hair every 10 days. I used pure indigofera tinctoria with destilled water heated to 60

degrees and with non-iodic salt on extra-clean hair.

After a year, suddenly the same thing happened as it happened when I was using chemical dye. My scalp became itchy more and more from week to week until my hair

started to fall out again. I was very depressed. Indigo also can not be removed entirely from hair. Finely I had to shave myself to avoid any further itching and

redness of my scalp. Once you develop allergy on indigo it is there. I tried to dye just a patch of my hair after a year and allergy was still there.

However, I hated my ginger hairs and started to explore again. Tried also dyeing with walnut shells with the same allergy again. I didn't dye my hair for 2 years and

even with no dying on my hair, slight allergy was developed every few months. I had very sensitive scalp and had to forget on any dyeing.

Nobody know how frustrating all that was. Not only I lost part of my hair during allergy reaction (for which I did'nt know they will grow back), I also didn't feel

well with my ginger colour of hair.

But I didn't gave up. after two years I found that allergy can be treated with allergen injections but was very expensive in Slovenia.

It sounds strange what I did (I was very desperate), but it helped.

I red that if you raise your alergen level in your blood, the body would stops reaction!!!

Indigofera tinctoria is a natural plant used also for healing in traditional medicine, nontoxic to human body.

I again partly dyed my hair (on the back, so I was able to cut them at allergy reaction)

I sniffed indigofera tinctoria powder through my nose, two times a day for a month. The taste was not very pleasant but alergen absorbes trough mucous membrane

(doesnt come to lungs).

After first sniff, itching on the back stopped. But developed again. I sniffed a small amount of pure indigofera tinctoria powder when itching started. After I month

I overcame an allergy and was able to dye all of my hair with no itching or hair falling out.

I was very happy with my experiment, but I didn't wan't to share with anyone because one might think I am giving hazardous advices.

I know well how frustrating itchy scalp and allergy can be and it was nothing compared to slight risk of indigofera toxicity (I did'n found any bad effect).

I don't encourage anyone to do the same as I did. One should get allergen injections under medical supervise if develope allergy on all hair dies but still doesn't

want to give up hair dyeing.

After your body stops reaction on allergen, it is permanent solution. Now I have been using indigo on my hair for 5 years without any reaction. My hair grew back.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic