Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - All that singing and dancing wont get u n2 college
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

All that singing and dancing wont get u n2 college

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:05pm
Those extra curricular activities outside of school are expensive as hell and I feel it's a bit naive to assume that every parent is able to support arts 100% outside of school. In school activities are a great way to build a rapport and explore creativity with your classmates you see everyday rather than some kids you may only see once or twice a week. I think removing this program is a slap in the face to the kids morale and confidence. That's a tough lesson to learn so young. Whatever happened to creating a well rounded child?

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I agree with the school. 

If the parents want dancing and singing they should put them in a performing arts school. 

So you don't let your kids (or future ones) participate in special school programs then?

I'm all for academics and give my kids homework on top of their school homework.  I also support their creative abilities and forms of art (music, children's choir) which grows their self esteem and confidence.

I completely agree with you....and this is what extracurricular activities are for... ie-piano lessons, art classes, dance (tap, jazz, ballet) etc.... Just like parents but their kids in soccer and football they can put them artsy stuff as well outside of school. 

When I have kids...i will let them participate but I wouldn't depend on the school to do this though. 
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:12pm

I don't get the "you can pay for it on your own dime" thinking

yeah sure you can, but is a school play/dance really hurting the kids?

and what about the kids whose parents can't afford that stuff?

yeah you should think about them too because there are a lot more of them than those with parents that have it
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:12pm

slowly but surely transforming school into an academic prison..

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't get the "you can pay for it on your own dime" thinking

yeah sure you can, but is a school play/dance really hurting the kids?

and what about the kids whose parents can't afford that stuff?

yeah you should think about them too because there are a lot more of them than those with parents that have it

maysay /don't have kids/ maysay
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:23pm

lmao

I feel like some only want the 1% to have kids
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:31pm
Seriously

Kindergarteners

Your priorities are totally screwed up.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair