Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

All I want is clean clothes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 12:59am
mildew? Never had that with my front loader from Miele (I really love this brand)
Sponsored Links

bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 9:22am
Electrolux front loading washer, very good washer

Front loading washers have to be cared for properly
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 9:27am
I have a top loader HE going strong for four years no mildew smell...
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 9:30am
I don't even know where the filter is on my top loader. I never needed to use vinegar and I wash every other weekend and sometimes forget the clothes in the washer with no problems.

Granted the front loaders are way more fancy and look appealing to the eyes BUT it seems like alot of work to care for. Besides pushing the washer back to the wall when it spins that's about the only thing I do with it. I was too cheap to buy the base to stop it from sliding. Guest don't need to see what Bertha looks like. She chills in the basement next to her hubby Ben the dryer.LOL 
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

mildew? Never had that with my front loader from Miele (I really love this brand)

Girl you got the platinum brand of HEsBig smile.  One day I would love to own one.  Plus you probably use the Miele detergents.  It's crazy expensive over here in the US.  Do you have the one that has the hot water tank inside the machine or do all models have that feature?
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I don't even know where the filter is on my top loader. I never needed to use vinegar and I wash every other weekend and sometimes forget the clothes in the washer with no problems.

Granted the front loaders are way more fancy and look appealing to the eyes BUT it seems like alot of work to care for. Besides pushing the washer back to the wall when it spins that's about the only thing I do with it. I was too cheap to buy the base to stop it from sliding. Guest don't need to see what Bertha looks like. She chills in the basement next to her hubby Ben the dryer.LOL 

The top loader doesn't have a filter AFAIK unless you attach a crude filter to the hose to filter fibers from the discharged water to help reduce the chance of your pipes getting clogged up.  Honestly front loaders aren't that high maintenance.  But maybe I am biased because I am anal in maintaining a machine that cost a small fortune.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Girl you got the platinum brand of HEsBig smile.  One day I would love to own one.  Plus you probably use the Miele detergents.  It's crazy expensive over here in the US.  Do you have the one that has the hot water tank inside the machine or do all models have that feature?

Ah I didn't know that. Yes, it has a heater since the water going in is only cold. If you can, get the vacuum cleaner too. It is GREAT
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 5:54pm
I plan to buy the built in Miele coffee maker plumbed.  I have read about the service calls but I still want it...Cry
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 5:58pm
i had a front loader and the smell comes from the water tight seal that is needed to prevent leaks during use, it also prevents ANY moisture from evaporating if you make the mistake and close it after the wash. 
i had to run many a bleach cycle after absentmindedly closing the washer after i was done. they could easily fix this by auto blowing the thing down with air like a dryer whenever the door is closed to dry it out.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Gemini26 Gemini26 wrote:

I just bought a nice LG top loader without an agitator last week, and moved my front loader to the garage to collect dust. I couldn't keep the mildew smell away. Never again...

I think the Kenmore Elite and LG top loaders are the same machine because they just had a recall on both.  I received a notice about not being able to wash waterproof stuff Confused

But, I love my Kenmore Elite washer.  A technician was sent out to fix the glitch. We leave the washer open and run a clean cycle once a month with bleach to reduce the chances of mildew smell. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic