Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

ALIBABA VENDOR HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
OshBegoshPosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OshBegoshPosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALIBABA VENDOR HELP!!
    Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 8:11pm
Hey ladies. 
I'm tired of BSS hair. I am ready to make the big step into weave womanhood and buy hair with better quality that will last longer. I have gone through Wagmans, Perfectlooks, Halleyscurls, Jujuhair etc. I've seen a lot of gorgeous hair, researched a lot of Youtubes. In love with [Name Removed by Request of Vendor] hair...the website is complicated. Perfectlooks is over priced and I don't really like the luster in some of the pictures. Jujuhair is gorgeous for a tight curl, but I am not really into the wet curled look because my natural hair doesn't really match that texture. 

I've decided to purchase hair from an Alibaba vendor I found. Now, there are MILLIONS of vendors on here, for ladies who have bought from this trading site before, what would you recommend I do to ensure the safety and authenticity of my purchase? What should I be looking for? What are some signs of a scammer? 
I read here that I shouldn't trust Western Union paying options. I really don't know how to go about it and I would love for someone to give me some guidance, especially the ladies who have found good vendors or have experienced bad ones. 

Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links

DonBellaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBellaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 8:34pm
I personally use aliexpress because they have escrow. But honestly there is no way to really tell if they are gonna be good or not u just have to take that chance unfortunately. But I would ask them for plenty of watermarked real pictures of their hair,  google their name, search them on bhm. Look at the IV's to avoid thread. Also, that gold member thing means nothing, people can buy the status.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 8:44pm
read the transaction  reveiws for the product & vendor you are looking at ... and if you still dont feel comfortable dont order from them ...
GA_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 8:55pm
^ this
OshBegoshPosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OshBegoshPosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 9:32pm
Where exactly can I find the transaction reviews?  

I just had a conversation with one of the vendors I was interested in and I was asking A LOT of questions. The vendor completely spazzed on me and was like you don't trust my company, I'd rather not do business with you. He said it was like son teaching his father how to catfish.... 

I was literally asking normal questions, like what different textures are offered, is there anyway I can contact someone who is a consistent costumer of your product, is your hair processed, how do I go about purchasing, when will PayPal be an available paying option etc. And he did not want to do business with me. Am I in the wrong? The vendor was giving me 500 grams of hair for about 180$ and he sent me an e-mail of the different textured, packaging process etc. Everything looked really legit, I just wary....you know. 

Anyways...what makes AliExpress better than the normal site? And is it normal for them to send me pictures of their hair or was I getting special treatment? 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by OshBegoshPosh OshBegoshPosh wrote:

Hey ladies. 
I'm tired of BSS hair. I am ready to make the big step into weave womanhood and buy hair with better quality that will last longer. I have gone through Wagmans, Perfectlooks, Halleyscurls, Jujuhair etc. I've seen a lot of gorgeous hair, researched a lot of Youtubes. In love with [Name Removed by Request of Vendor] hair...the website is complicated. Perfectlooks is over priced and I don't really like the luster in some of the pictures. Jujuhair is gorgeous for a tight curl, but I am not really into the wet curled look because my natural hair doesn't really match that texture. 

I've decided to purchase hair from an Alibaba vendor I found. Now, there are MILLIONS of vendors on here, for ladies who have bought from this trading site before, what would you recommend I do to ensure the safety and authenticity of my purchase? What should I be looking for? What are some signs of a scammer? 
I read here that I shouldn't trust Western Union paying options. I really don't know how to go about it and I would love for someone to give me some guidance, especially the ladies who have found good vendors or have experienced bad ones. 

Thanks in advance!!!

I would suggest you do more research, most of the companies you mentioned sell straight garbage hair. I also pay no attention to YT videos. Most of them are filled with ladies raving about how good some hair is because they got it for free or are the owners sister.

Perfect Locks is Garbage.
JuJu had plenty of shify ass reviews.
Halleys is hit or miss..Mostly Miss
honey* View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honey* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 10:25pm

I just had a conversation with one of the vendors I was interested in and I was asking A LOT of questions. The vendor completely spazzed on me and was like you don't trust my company, I'd rather not do business with you. He said it was like son teaching his father how to catfish.... 

I was literally asking normal questions, like what different textures are offered, is there anyway I can contact someone who is a consistent costumer of your product, is your hair processed, how do I go about purchasing, when will PayPal be an available paying option etc. And he did not want to do business with me. Am I in the wrong? The vendor was giving me 500 grams of hair for about 180$ and he sent me an e-mail of the different textured, packaging process etc. Everything looked really legit, I just wary....you know. 

Anyways...what makes AliExpress better than the normal site? And is it normal for them to send me pictures of their hair or was I getting special treatment? 

stay away from those who start buggin out like that. any supplier who believes that they have a good quality product would not drive away a potential customer like that.
DonBellaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBellaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 1:09am

I personally feel aliexpress is better because they hold ur money in escrow. If you receive the product and dont like it. You do not have to release the money. You can send it back and once its received on their end the money is released back to you.

Sending pics are normal however they need to be watermarked by the vendor because a lot of them steal pics from good sites. Definitely do not go off YT as someone else stated. Google the name, see if complaints come up, search on here, look @ the transaction reviews however some of those arent honest either. I noticed that some companies were posting good comments for each other. The IVs to avoid thread will weed out a lot of garbage.

You gotta research and really go off of your gut. Most companies that are good, respons in a reasonable time, have plenty of their own pics, is willing to answer any questions you may have and dont act desperate to get your money or rude. Those are usually dead give aways. As int_ stated, if it doesnt feel right, dont do it.

Also, the thread about real virgin hair vs fake virgin hair will help with what questions to ask.

Edited by DonBellaDiva - Apr 08 2011 at 1:11am
emnorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emnorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 4:24am
First of all if a vendor is unwilling to answer your questions, you need to move on to the next.

There are literally millions of vendors on alibaba so why not try narrowing down your search by cross ref on this board with a search to see what names are mentioned regularly. Check the lace wig section, if a vendor is great with LW he's going to be great with wefts, right?

When talking to the vendor ask for their top grade (grade AAA lol) virgin hair. Ask for a couple of references. Google vendor name/company + scam or fraud or complaints. You would be surprised at what I've uncovered from that. Check methods of payment & try using paypal, bearing in mind that I've sent money via western union for some gorgeous virgin indian hair in the past. Ask to purchase a small sample first, 500 grams is too much hair to buy off a vendor who is not tried & tested. Also don't bother buying virgin indian hair from a chinese vendor. It will be processed.

When all is said & done you will still need to take that leap of faith. Go with your gut instinct and if you feel rushed or uncomfortable, back out. Sorry for long post but HTH. Good luck!
rredict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rredict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 8:05am
Stay away for SunnyMay, SunnyGrace, Topbeautyhair, FlowerSeason, and Jai. I had nothing but issues with them, and wasted a lot of money on gabbage.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic