BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Haley's Queen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:42pm
I read the book twice and watched the movie like twice.
Sponsored Links

greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

So what happen to Queen??? Did she ever leave those evil christian white women?

So much happened..she escaped the crazy bessie bugs and found work with another white devil. When she arrived to her new locations, she see's her baby's daddy who is leading a protest agains unfair wages for blacks. The white men have it out for him because he is smart. He is hiding somewhere in the woods and AGAIN Queen is tricked into leading the white men to his hiding place. The white men kidnapped the baby (lil abron), and uses him to force out baby daddy. He is then hung and burn in front of his son and burned alive. The baby is then found by Queen in a cage beneath baby daddy  the morning after.

She breaks down a bit, and plans to move up north..except she is broke with a kid. She meets Danny Glover who is a widowed single father. He finds work, but queen has plans ot earn enough money to get her to the north. She ends up working for Quaker who somehow was also a slave owner. He is better than the others, but still a typical white man. Haley takes on a second job with danny glover by keeping his house. She ends of falling for him after being mean and angry with everyone.  They have another baby named Simon. LIfe is good, they are doing well to be black folk in the south. Abron, Danny's son work their father's land and ferrie business..but Simon(future daddy of alex haley)is different and is clearly not cut out for farm work. White teacher convince them to allow Simon to gradauate high school and later to college. When Abron decides he wants to leave too, Haley has a mental breakdown and is sent to a mental help place, eventually she sorts things out and returns home to say goodbye to her sons. FF...Abron later returns, Simon attends college and have great kids...i think thats about it. There are some really good scenes, but thats all i remember.

If anyone ever seen The 2nd Generation of Roots, Queen is introduced to Haley's Halley's grandpa at his parent's wedding. Of course Haley is not the actress who portrayed her, just fyi from someone who has seen the movie alot.
greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Yes, I've watched it 10X...long story
I'm available to answer any questions...
Since you have seen it so many times, can you remember the monologue she gave while she was serving diner, to the mean white lady making extra ugly remarks about black people? It happens after she goes through most of her turmoil, closer to the end of the movie I think. That is like one of my favorite monologues of any movie. I mean see goes in on that lady because by this time she is so full of anger and fed up with people treating her wrong, she just lets her have it...she says something like, "I ain't trying to be white because that is a part of me and I do not have to hid being black because that is me to. And ma'am I am sure if somebody shakes your family tree you just might find that you also have a little itty, bitty, bitty nigra in you to. "  This is not word for word but this is all I remember, boy the look on the white woman's face........Also the part when she has left the planatation,  after they are freed and she is trying not to starve and trying to make a way for herself, she is walking and she falls flat in the mud. I mean Halle fell in that mud, face first. I wonder how many takes did she have to do?  That part was sad and a little funny at the same time.....But I really enjoyed this movie, need to add it to my DVD collection. I use to have it on VHS. Halle did a great job!

She kinda says this twice...the first time was when she was talking to the other lady who was passing for white.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Goodbye Uncle Tom is the worse slave movie ever. It'll have you hating whites

Actually, I thought it was one of the best slave movies ever made because it sugar coated nothing.  It's really too bad that an Italian had to make this movie.  A movie made by a foreigner because it's so raw that Americans, themselves, couldn't make it without a, "slavery was bad, but it wasn't THAT bad" type commentary that's in every single slave movie out there produced in the US.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 9:24am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Actually, I thought it was one of the best slave movies ever made because it sugar coated nothing.  It's really too bad that an Italian had to make this movie.  A movie made by a foreigner because it's so raw that Americans, themselves, couldn't make it without a, "slavery was bad, but it wasn't THAT bad" type commentary that's in every single slave movie out there produced in the US.

I need to see this
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:00am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Oh I agree.  I get so angry watching it because of how real it is.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:01am
Nigguhs mad cause Alex stole some sh*t from a white man?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:02am
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:31am
^^^ Oh I have to watch that!!
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:25pm
i havent seen that movie in a really long time
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>