Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Alcohol vs Food issues.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 11:15am
ConcreteRose, femmefatale and afrocock pretty much nailed it.
Sponsored Links

Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Beautiful_One Beautiful_One wrote:

You don't get physical withdraws from food but will from alcohol and that can kill.

If you are addicted to food, yes you will have physical withdrawal symptoms when you start restricting yourself.

Beautiful_One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

You don't get physical withdraws from food but will from alcohol and that can kill.

If you are addicted to food, yes you will have physical wantwithdrawal symptoms when you start restricting yourself.

Never heard of not having the unhealthy foods you want give you withdrawals. Like stroke,seizure,sweating etc.
Beautiful_One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 12:42pm
Oh, I just saw the want withdrawal. I think that's mental not physical.
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 8:47am

Oh, I just saw the want withdrawal. I think that's mental not physical.

Cutting back and giving up sugar for sure can give me headaches, irritability, and depression. Sugar as well as any food that I greatly desire but am abstaining from. 

And about the depression I mentioned above, that is also a similarity because it's a vicious cycle.
-I would get depressed because I was overweight and I didn't like it, and I wanted to change.
-I would then get depressed because I was abstaining from my favorite foods and I craved them.
-When I am depressed all I want are my favorite foods to make me feel better. 
-If I indulge in my favorite foods, I will feel happy briefly before being I'm catapulted into deeper depression stemming from guilt, shame, and hopelessness that I will never reach my fitness goals; bringing me right back to the first bulleted point.

I think it's the same for those with addictions. My family member I mentioned earlier would think about all the repercussions she's endured with every relapse and it would depress her and make her want to go relapse again so she wouldn't have to think about it. I used to think this was sooo stupid, until like I said, I had to look at myself and where the similarities were.
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 9:08am
No, deciding to eat a 1/2 pound cheese burger with bacon for lunch instead of a salad is not the same as alcoholism.

Edited by Im_oh_so_hott - Aug 11 2013 at 9:10am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12