Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alcohol vs Food issues.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

Alcohol vs Food issues.

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Beautiful_One View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 22 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 2820
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alcohol vs Food issues.
    Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:37pm
Would you say that having an alcohol addiction is the same to conquer as making the wrong choices in what you eat. My friend thinks so.What yall say
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 51944
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:40pm
I am not sure I understand the question!
Back to Top
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 12 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 137337
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:40pm
Similar. They are both addictions and should be looked at as such. But conquering is different because Alcoholics generally need to abstain from Alcohol and the temptation will get better but always be there. But you need food to live, so it's impossible to abstain from it. So for this reason, there are different ways to conquer each addiction.
Back to Top
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 13 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 133181
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:41pm
poor food choices are not the same as an addiction

however you can be addicted to food
Back to Top
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 28 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 168261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Similar. They are both addictions and should be looked at as such. But conquering is different because Alcoholics generally need to abstain from Alcohol and the temptation will get better but always be there. But you need food to live, so it's impossible to abstain from it. So for this reason, there are different ways to conquer each addiction.
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

poor food choices are not the same as an addiction

however you can be addicted to food
both of these are exactly what i was going to type. 

Edited by nekamarie83 - Aug 09 2013 at 11:48pm
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 209453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 4:42am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Similar. They are both addictions and should be looked at as such. But conquering is different because Alcoholics generally need to abstain from Alcohol and the temptation will get better but always be there. But you need food to live, so it's impossible to abstain from it. So for this reason, there are different ways to conquer each addiction.
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

poor food choices are not the same as an addiction

however you can be addicted to food
both of these are exactly what i was going to type. 
 
 
 
right?
 
thread done on page 1.
Back to Top
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Online
Points: 995404
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 5:24am
both can be assisted by behaviour modification

however the difference with alcohol is the biochemical and metabolic imbalance that occurs with the excessive consumption of alcohol is much more dangerous and has an acute decline in ones health whereas with food its gradual and the negative effects are not rapid

furthermore its easier to identify food related issues and address them whereas even though you may identify the causes of alcoholism/dependency, the chemical alterations that occur make it very difficult to address and treat

the sight and smell of ones favourite drink may cause a severe relapse that can require months to treat

Edited by afrokock - Aug 10 2013 at 5:27am
Back to Top
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 09 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 5804
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 5:36am
Short answer: I think they are similar.

I went through a similar train of thought. I have a family member that goes in and out of being on crack and I would get so angry because I was like, seriously why can't you just stop when you KNOW that this is causing you harm? Well one thing that I believe helped me think about the situation with more understanding was that for the better part of my life, I've been overweight. I wanted to lose weight so bad, but I wouldn't eat right or stick with any regimens. It was exactly what she was going through. We both knew we wanted better, we both knew what to do to be better, but it was a struggle. There were victories and losses for the entire course, but now we are both great. She's been sober for about a year now and I've been 50lbs lighter for 2 years. Glory to God.Embarrassed
Back to Top
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 14 2012
Location: North Sea
Status: Offline
Points: 48160
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 6:23am
I have an addiction to coke. I swear I will think about drinking it, the cool brown nectar, sweet...so sweet.. tiny bubbles..refreshing.  I will go the store and walk down the aisle and look at it. Stand in front of it and stare. Sometimes I will put in the cart and just before reaching the cashier go put it back. That little foam that forms on top of the glass as you pour it out over some ice. How great it taste after a long time. The feel of the glass as you pick it up, that little layer of damp on the glass. So good...so great.


Edited by Prazol60 - Aug 10 2013 at 6:24am
Back to Top
Beautiful_One View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 22 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 2820
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 7:40am
You don't get physical withdraws from food but will from alcohol and that can kill.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down