Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAlaffia Hair Lotion???

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Creation View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alaffia Hair Lotion???
    Posted: Mar 19 2012 at 12:48am
Has anyone tried this hair lotion?  What do you think about hair lotions in general? I also have been wanting to use a product to moisturize my hair in between shampoos.. but I don't want my hair to get too much build up.  And recommendations?  And something with no cones.. please!!  Thanks!!
Sponsored Links

shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 11:50pm
I just bought Alaffia's virgin coconut and shea enriching hair lotion. The ingredients are GREAT and it moisturizes well (works well for baggying) but it has an overwhelming lemon like smell. Its not exactly sour, but it is strooooong, the smell makes it hard for me to use, so I've only used it a couple of times. They have a similar product, which is something like coconut oil and shea leave in, I've never tried it but the ingredients are similar and it doesnt smell as much. 

For daily moisturizing, I actually REALLY like kinky curly knot today. Good ingredients, good slip, great moisturization.
Creation View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 11:05am
Shortnsweet thanks for your reply. I just bought the Alaffia hair lotion and your totally right it does smell a little different.LOL  Not necessarily a bad smell just a very herbal lemony smell.  But it seems like the product is penetrating my hair.  I made the mistake of posting this under children's hair.  I might try it on her hair  too.  But it might be too heavy for her hair type.  Do you use any other products in combination with the hair lotion?  I have been using a mix of water and olive oil to seal it. So far so good!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic