FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAkon -lets move back to Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

sh*t....The Africans don't even want to claim us lol

That is absoluely correct.

I have been to Africa several times .. to many countries and EVERY PLACE I have gone with my dark skin and kinky hair the locals ask me where I am from ... shortly followed by 'will you sponsor me to go back to America with you ah.. cousin'.  They wanna get the h*** outta there.

Ya'll need to visit Africa - Senegal, Irory Coast, Nigeria, Ghana ... you will be so much of an outsider culturally and .. you will be ready to leave within a week after dealing with the no hot water thing, and the crime. the strange looking handling of fresh meat thing, the barbed wire around the housing complexes to keep the thieves out, the markets to buy your food and the no power thing.Ouch

Get real folks. Stop your dreaming - it was nice to visit but I could never LIVE in a non-western society. DeadDeadDead Too different.
I hope an African lion eats you. I truly do.LOL
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:25pm
i don't get the whole "royalty" thing...not everyone is gonna be royalty. lets be real.

if you wanna make an argument about having a whole race of ppl emigrate to Africa, great. but i need more than being "treated like royalty" as a reason.

ive thought about moving out of the country, but idk where.

i would encourage everyone who considers donating globally (which is great) to also consider donating time/money locally as well.
Promiseualways View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:26pm
I live in Portland, Oregon. We get about 8 months of rain!! I hate it. The black population here is about 3% [:^(] trust me, you would get tired of being wet all the time. [LOL]
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:31pm
I don't think visiting a place as a tourist is a good way to gauge how the standard of life is. 
DWeird View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:32pm
In theory it sounds great but the reality is, it's a horrible idea. I'm not interested in being called a stray and having slavery thrown in my face. I'm definitely not interested in people pretending they don't feel this way because of some misconception that because I'm American that I have money. 

I'm not saying AA are innocent either. There's no way around it, we have been influenced by whites  including their sense of entitlement. As a whole, I don't see us adjusting to their way of life, learning the languages etc but rather expecting them to adapt to us. 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:34pm
I never once said everyone is Africa is starving . I think no one should be hungry , especially in America . We throw out tons of food each year . I would love to open a kitchen where people could eat anytime of the day or night . Akon is not going to leave his 6 mansions anytime soon .
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:49pm
Naw
I do want to visit though

Most of the newly freed slaves weren't even down with that back to Africa movement and Im years and years removed.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic