Perfect Hair Collection

Ahh, the proverbial "Black pass"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:54am
Read the whole thing and thought it was dope.

I prefer these type of white people that appear to have a greater awareness of blk/wht race relations…
Rather than your super liberal or your supreme white racist.

I thought certain parts where funny like Dave Chapelles Blind mixed grandfather sitting on the bus story.

I don't agree with everything… And thats what I liked about it. It sounded real honest. He's no Tim Wise so I didn't expect that sort of format in his views… He's a writer and comedian.

Also.. A lot of what he talks about .. you can go even deeper into a book by Tanner Colby called "Some of my best friends are black. Colby goes into detail about desegregation from schools to housing to Advertising agencies which were run by a bunch of white excecs Until Jesse Jackson got on that asz.

I know BHM won't like it… But I thought it was a pretty good drop.

Edited by OoDles O - Feb 17 2014 at 11:57am
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:32pm
I don't disagree Oo.  That's why I had mixed emotions.  I disagree with everything he said about SNL (especially that blacks don't watch) and a few other things but most of it was on point.  I really want to know more about the argument he had with Dave and how everything went down with the him walking away from the show.  I know the story is out there I just never looked for it.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:38pm
Some people question whether a white person should even be writing black characters.

NB: I think anyone can write about anything that they have knowledge of and exposure to. I think the best black screenwriter is Quentin Tarantino. Quentin may write better black characters than Spike. I mean, Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction is unbelievable. That would be Exhibit A. I actually think that’s why Spike gets mad at Quentin. Quentin happens to write unbelievably rich black characters.

So does David Simon.

NB: There’s Exhibit B. Omar is the best black TV character, one of the best TV characters of all time. I think saying a white person can’t write black characters is as racist as anything on earth. And it’s also insulting to black people. It’s like, “So, are you not human?” Because I can write about humans. A white person writing about black people is writing about humanity with a slight vernacular spin.

His exhibit A is awful. His exhibit B is good.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:44pm
Exactly RT.  Sam Jackson's character was well ACTED not written.  You can't give that credit to Quentin at all. 

ETA:  Nope, can't even say well acted.  It was just SL Jackson period.  He's not the greatest actor, he's just entertaining as fck on screen. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Feb 17 2014 at 12:45pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:49pm
Did he really say that he was in the same plight as us?

HA

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Read the whole thing and thought it was dope.

I prefer these type of white people that appear to have a greater awareness of blk/wht race relations…
Rather than your super liberal or your supreme white racist.

I thought certain parts where funny like Dave Chapelles Blind mixed grandfather sitting on the bus story.

I don't agree with everything… And thats what I liked about it. It sounded real honest. He's no Tim Wise so I didn't expect that sort of format in his views… He's a writer and comedian.

Also.. A lot of what he talks about .. you can go even deeper into a book by Tanner Colby called "Some of my best friends are black. Colby goes into detail about desegregation from schools to housing to Advertising agencies which were run by a bunch of white excecs Until Jesse Jackson got on that asz.

I know BHM won't like it… But I thought it was a pretty good drop.
i didn't know quite how to articulate my reaction

this, is damn accurate. thanks oodles.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:08pm
That's the problem I had too Neka.  Wasn't sure how to describe it but when he said he was Irish I kind of knew this article was going to be good.    We would disagree passionately on some things and agree to a kinsman-ship level on most things in one conversation.  That's kind of the thing with Irish and Black people.  We're the same but differentLOL
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:22pm
^^^ >>>here<<< LOL

eta: and along with you and rt, that qt/sam jackson thing was one instance where i was like pump ya breaks son. 

Edited by nekamarie83 - Feb 17 2014 at 1:23pm
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:31pm
And as much as I love Omar from the Wire. He was still a criminal. David Simon knows how to write great three dimensional criminals*.

*I still haven't seen Treme. So I don't know how he deals with non-criminal black characters on that show.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:32pm
Neka its like if he was one of my co-workers we would argue all day and then go to lunch or out for a drink after work and get into fights together, defend each other and then cuss each other out some more because we think the other one is the reason somebody wanted to fight us.   And I would constantly be telling him you don't know sh*t, you're not black but at the same time I know he would go in with me on a racist and take a bullet if he had to with his crazy Irish assDead
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>