Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Agree or Disagree: Disney first Plus Size Princess
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Agree or Disagree: Disney first Plus Size Princess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

why people think barbies (circa 1990's and older) are the standard or go to skinny  reference? wasnt nothing slim about that barrel waist...or were they referring to her having no hips/booty? When I was younger I kinda thought barbie's waist should be slimmer (like the dolls are made now)

my barbies are very curvy. lmao @ 90s tho. she look like she would have  buff walk like homeboy from popeye...LOL

and what's funny is that Barbie from way back when got hella shade for being too skinny.  If Barbie's proportions back then were unreal what are we to think of the 00's Barbie?
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I'm all for the representation of the marginalized but honestly, if Disney does this, I expect this princess to be a change without being a change: In other words, she will be the "pretty" kind of plus size and with certainty, white.

She'll be the lucky plus sized.  The ones with the hourglass not the ones shaped like a messican.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:55pm
Fiona was a bigums......but that dream works.....
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:55pm
I find it sad people are okay with disney having fat characters as villains and things to laugh at but would be upset as disney having a fat protagonist/princess/love interest.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Feb 03 2014 at 10:59pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:03pm

hmmmm^^
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I find it sad people are okay with disney having fat characters as villains and things to laugh at but would be upset as disney having a fat protagonist/princess/love interest.

There was controversy surrounding Charlize Theron playing the evil step mother for Snow White and The Huntsmen. I forgot what show I was watching, but they were discussing how some people were distraught over a beautiful evil character in a fairy tale because they didn't want their daughters wanting to be like her since she was very beautiful and evil. Same thing with Maleficent and Angelina Jolie playing that character.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:26pm
Anyways childhood obesity is a problem in America so I doubt Disney will touch that with a 10 feet pole. Good try though.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

There was controversy surrounding Charlize Theron playing the evil step mother for Snow White and The Huntsmen. I forgot what show I was watching, but they were discussing how some people were distraught over a beautiful evil character in a fairy tale because they didn't want their daughters wanting to be like her since she was very beautiful and evil. Same thing with Maleficent and Angelina Jolie playing that character.

I remember that.  Like it's impossible to believe that a beautiful woman can be evil.  I remember it being said that it was more realistic to have beautiful women play evil because more often than not (no shade to pretty girls) that's the case.   I know plenty of ladies that identified with Mean Girls.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:09am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

But ain't nobody tryna count Fiona cause her being big is expected what with her being an Ork... gremlin... goblin(?)...

what was Fiona again?

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 04 2014 at 12:11am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:10am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

But ain't nobody tryna count Fiona cause her being big is expected what with her being an Ork... gremlin... goblin(?)...

Only at night tho.....and it was a curse!!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic