Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Agree or Disagree: Disney first Plus Size Princess
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Agree or Disagree: Disney first Plus Size Princess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:21pm
RT:

Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Disney have always plump characters though...even from their earliest movies

This is true. But aren't they usually villains or comic relief males? Trying to remember any plump characters that weren't that.

there have been a few female characters ('goodies' though) too like off the top of my head merryweather from sleeping beauty, fairy mary from the more recent tinkerbell movies..but they're all 'motherly' characters..which is another issue altogether I guess..
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:22pm
lilos sister was thick. 

penny prouds mom was thick. 

not disney.. but the incredibles characters were curvy.. 
also the mom on american dad and lois on family guy.. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:24pm

now i do agree with making barbies average sized.....

because i dont necessarily like the idea of having average sized kids fawning over super skinny barbie dolls

barbie should be the size of the average young woman

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:24pm
I'm all for the representation of the marginalized but honestly, if Disney does this, I expect this princess to be a change without being a change: In other words, she will be the "pretty" kind of plus size and with certainty, white.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:31pm
wanting a media largely consumed by children to be more inclusive is not “thinking too hard”

They don't exist syndrome (in media world).  This is why I started to find it unfathomable that these white TV characters can walk through life every single day and conduct a life in big cities where they don't run into one single black woman or interact with even one.    I finally have a hard time thinking of a show I watch that has no women of color.  I'm still mad at SNL but at least they didn't try to drag that sh*t out and just did it.   I'm sure some white ppl find it offensive but they can change the channel. 

Nobody HAS to take kids to a movie with a "fattie" in the lead role.  Just sit them down and say honey I'm not taking you to that movie because the princess is too fat and unhealthy to be represented in a Disney movie.  We'll wait for the next one when the princess is a better role model for your expected body image.  Whatever

Next will be a gay character in a Disney movie.  Whatever, don't go to itLOL

Anyway, for a long time it has been if they don't look like us they don't exist in prime-time or even a whole 2-hour movie.    There's something for everyone even if some of us don't like it. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

lilos sister was thick. 

penny prouds mom was thick. 

not disney.. but the incredibles characters were curvy.. 
also the mom on american dad and lois on family guy.. 

This show is not child-approved.  Or south park.  Don't be letting people's kids watch this at your houseLOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:38pm
oh yea i forgot were talking about kids shows… 

however, i do know of little kids who go to see R rated movies with their parents at like 6yrs old.. 

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:40pm
Disney needs to have another Black princess--one that isn't a frog for the majority of the movie. They think they're slick. 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

If she fat...How is she gonna run away from the villain? Every princess I seen runs in disney

she gonna have the plus size extra lift in the air cape to fly away...and when need that extra boost to seriously get away...she will press a button that reads...POWER BOOST..and SSSWWWOOOOSSSHHH OFF SHE GOES..

you know like the Enterprise when Capt. Kirk and the others...WARP SPEED...YEP "MAKE IT SO WITH WARP SPEED"

LOLLOL ohhh a fat girl flying cape!!! Does it come with cake and cookies? Guess I would get myself one too....

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Feb 03 2014 at 4:32pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System