BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Afros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afro Shedding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Afro-centric_:] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afro-centric_:] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afro Shedding
    Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 11:43pm
Does anybody else have problems with their fro shedding so much? This is my 1st winter wit a fro so idk wats the norm...
Sponsored Links

ms.dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 1:09am
I am having this same problem and I 'm ready to shave it all off  Angry
lablackdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lablackdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 9:03pm
I wear my hair in wash and go's quite a bit and every time I washed I pulled out quite a bit of shed hair...until...Coconut oil and Jamaican black castor oil! I put it in my hair and I have had no  more shedding issues. I will also say that if your ends are ratty your hair will be at a greater risk to tangle and thus break...if you see ugly ends cut em now to save your hair AND use the force...lol aka castor oil and coconut oil to seal in the water you put in your hair. I also put water in my hair like everyday...that's key. 

Edited by lablackdy - Mar 14 2011 at 10:06am
lacehairwigs uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacehairwigs uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2011 at 5:00pm
no...very little shedding so normal amount.i hot oil,shampoo and deep condition regularly.sometimes i just dc or co wash on dry hair
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 8:22am
I heard garlic shampoo helps with shedding
Blue1206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue1206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by DarkBrown DarkBrown wrote:

I heard garlic shampoo helps with shedding

Or you could just eat a whole garlic clove.Dead But then your breathe might be a bit HOT!

So, try taking some odorless garlic pills. 
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 7:17pm
^If that's true then maybe the garlic supplements I'm taking will help
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2011 at 10:12am
Originally posted by lablackdy lablackdy wrote:

I wear my hair in wash and go's quite a bit and every time I washed I pulled out quite a bit of shed hair...until...Coconut oil and Jamaican black castor oil! I put it in my hair and I have had no  more shedding issues. I will also say that if your ends are ratty your hair will be at a greater risk to tangle and thus break...if you see ugly ends cut em now to save your hair AND use the force...lol aka castor oil and coconut oil to seal in the water you put in your hair. I also put water in my hair like everyday...that's key. 

I'm having this problem right now. I've always had this intermittently but usually, I've been able to to control the shedding/ratty ends by doing an Aphogee 2 step. It would usually stop it cold until the next episode.

But for some reason, the protein hasn't been working for the past 3 weeks. I always wear my hair in twist outs and I'm cutting ends EVERY SINGLE DAY (shedding and tangles). I already use castor oil to seal and I do oil rinses with coconut oil on wash day. Not sure what to do at this point. Problem doesn't seem to be moisture, because I make sure my hair is well moisturized.

neverjaded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverjaded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:34am
This winter I've been wearing head wraps and beanies. I wish I knew what works to strengthen my hair because my hair is super coily and breaks off too easily. Sighh
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 7:01am
Originally posted by neverjaded neverjaded wrote:

This winter I've been wearing head wraps and beanies. I wish I knew what works to strengthen my hair because my hair is super coily and breaks off too easily. Sighh

Sounds like you got my Momma's hair the only thing that I think has helped
is deep conditiong that has slight protein in, Keeping her hair in twists and pinned up and castor oil. Hope you solve your issues soon. Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>