FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Afro Puffy Twists

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afro Puffy Twists
    Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:28pm
I know, this should really go in the twist section, but that section is like a ghost town sometimes...

Quick question:

I just got some senegalese twists (like yesterday) but unfortunately the lady who did my hair made them too small so I'm not "in love" with them. I'm giving them another week to see if they grow on me, but I'm already feeling a bit bleh about them. Part of it could be because I'm not used to using synthetic, and I used the Premium Now Kanekalon brand and it feels super stiff

I'm definitely interested in doing the afro puffy twist and am confident that I can do it myself. But do I have to use Naffy hair? Has anyone done it with Marley hair? My goal would be to do it to the length of this chick's in the Youtube vid below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz3xt4MOHuE&feature=fvsr 
Sponsored Links

natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:12pm
Hey Modelbusiness,

How are things going and are you still using the GAO?  Are you happy with your results?

Now in regards to your questions:

I am sorry that you are not enjoying your experience thus far with your senegalese twists..  when you say they are too small are you speaking interm sof the actual size of the twists or the parting? I am currently rocking senegalese twists and I used the xpressions hair.  Did they dip in hot water to seal?  Give it a few days to see if it grows on you as they are very versatile however, if you don't feel comfortable take them down and have the lady do them over for you if you are happy with how she twists.

In terms of the puffy twists I have used both the Nafy and the Marley hair...you can acheive the style with the Marley but from what I recall the Marley hair will give you a more streamlined twists while the Nafy will give you juicy twists with a nice curl on the bottom.  The vendor who I purchase the hair off of is usually very quick in responding and shipping out so long as he has the colour you want in stock.

Let me know what yo decide.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:03pm
Hey Natural!

I'm still using the GAO but I had a good month where I slacked off because I was traveling for a few weeks and then when I was back home I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off from tons of work and events I had to attend!

For my STs...it's mainly the size and the hair I used that's bugging me. My stylist was dirt cheap and she had a good twist method that didn't pull on my edges too much and created some very uniform twists. But the size I wanted was something a bit bigger, and what I got was something more like the size of micros - or maybe just a tad bit bigger. Plus I used the Premium Now Braid Too hair and it just feels hard and plasticy. And the ends are really rough, even after she dipped them in water to set them.

I'm giving myself til Friday to see if I'm just in synthie shock since I'm used to using human hair all the time - even when I wore braids. If they haven't grown on me by then, I'm taking them out and doing puffy twists because I refuse to go to parties and Thanksgiving events next week with hair that I'm not pleased with.

More than likely I'll end up using the Marley hair just because it's going to be easier for me to get with less time as well as being slightly cheaper.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:08pm
So I switched out my micro senegalese twists for some kinky puffy twists using the marley hair and finished it last night! It took me two days because I had to keep stopping for work, etc. But I'm glad I did. Updated pic is in my avi, and it looks so much better. ^_^

The marley hair is much softer & that was my biggest complaint with the other hair - it was just too hard!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:57pm
Hey,

The twists in your avi look amazing....I literally just finished taking down my senegalese twists and now you have me yearning to get my hair twisted up again (Trying to hold off until closer to the holidays but now I don't know if I will make it).

Are you feeling more comfortabl ein your skin now?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:00pm
Thanks! This was my first time at putting in any kind of braid/twist extensions, so I'm pleasantly surprised by how well they came out. I'm going to try to keep these in until just after New Years. I really want to hit BSL this year and I'm right now at full APL and maybe even a tiny bit past APL.

The skinny twists just weren't me lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:05pm
wow...sounds like you had an awesome growth spurt.
I had to resort to having a major trim done in September so I am back at CBL and hoping to at least reach SL by March...I am a slow grower.  I was going to just wig it out until getting my next set of twists before the holidays but now I am wondering if I should throw them back in now and then take down around the same time as you...NYE

The twists will certainly be a great protective style to get you over the hump.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic