Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedAFRO KINKY CURL ?S HELP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
blackbarbiedoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackbarbiedoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AFRO KINKY CURL ?S HELP!!!!
    Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 7:22pm
hi ladies!! i purchased an Afro Kinky Curl unit but i have a few questions. what products do you use to bring out the curl pattern? do you braid it at night? what type of comb/brush do you use if any? how bad is the shrinkage- will a 20" unit fall past my shoulders (i'm 5'9")? i'm going for a big diana ross/teyana taylor diva look but i want a curl pattern. if any of you have an afro kinky curl unit please share your experience and thoughts. thanks all in advance!!
Sponsored Links

fabulouslacewig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabulouslacewig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 9:18pm
I can't answer all ur questions,but according to meechie's thread she uses a product called noodle head.Her afro/kinky curly unit looks absolutely FAB!!!!!I personally wouldn't recommend using a comb on that type of unit though.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 9:42pm
I have two units in transit.....watching this thread because I sure don't want to do the search.
manndiva2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manndiva2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2009 at 10:49pm
bigidea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigidea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 5:49pm
large tooth comb is what i use on my curlies
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 6:16pm
Hey girl,

I use noodle head, afro sheen that includes glycerin and i stay far away from combs and brushes and finger comb. When I wash it I use a large paddle brsuh for detangling. You must ensure this texture is well moisturized or it will look like a ratted pubes nest.lol, PM me if you need more help.
fabulouslacewig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabulouslacewig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 6:46pm
sharie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 7:04pm
Wearing that type of unit,is it a lot of work?The reason I wear lace wigs,because my hair is very thick and it too much work.so I know I could not tame that type of unit.
redbutterflys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbutterflys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 8:04pm
Well I just bought a kinky unit from CLW called bristol. I messed it up but I am a newbie. The hair was beautiful and when i wet the hair it just comb out nice and soft.

1.Mistake number one,  I suck at glueing and messed up the lace trying
 to get the glue off.

2. I sewed it in and blended it in wih my natural hair...cute. At night I wet it down and put it in braids. In the morning take the braids out wet it, add some type of product mousse, dream curl, but as it dried it got bigger and bigger so I would end up pulling it back because the hair was to big for me.

3. The biggest mistake I wash it put cholestrol conditioner in the unit did not wash it out put it in braids...it knotted up so bad...trying to comb out the knots ripe the hair out....

I really tear up some units.
TruAxiom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruAxiom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 9:46pm
^^ If it's anything like sew-ins with the same texture, then it's work. I love the look and it was my signature style for awhile so for me it was worth it, at least at the time. Now that I'm pretty busy, I save it for the spring/summer. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic