Perfect Hair Collection

Topic ClosedAFRICAN PRIDE HIGHLIGHTING KIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SimoneC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: AFRICAN PRIDE HIGHLIGHTING KIT
    Posted: Apr 17 2007 at 7:55pm
has anyone used this? well i just bought it today, and i wanted to know the pro's and cons of this highlighting kit.
Sponsored Links

CenteredGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2007 at 1:40pm
Run as far away for any highlights as possible.  They will utlimately damage your hair.  I did it and had to cut them out.

My advice, buy some light hair clip ons to match your hair texture. 

Edited by CenteredGirl - Apr 18 2007 at 1:41pm
SimoneC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2007 at 1:52pm
damn!! i wish i hadda been on here when u replied. i done already highlighted it. :(
msbreawn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2007 at 11:19am
I used it about three years ago and every piece of hair that was highlighted broke off literally !
CenteredGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2007 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by SimoneC SimoneC wrote:

damn!! i wish i hadda been on here when u replied. i done already highlighted it. :(

Don't panic.  I recommend that you baggy and keep it moisturized.  I recommend that you twist your hair into bantu knots, cover with baggy and  a tie to keep the baggy on (every night, or most if you can) Limit the amount of heat.  Save the bumping for when you REALLY need to look cute!   Tongue
SimoneC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2007 at 7:44pm
thanks girl. my hair has been healthy for years. i dont know what i would do if it broke off.
babycoconut View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2007 at 9:57am
I used this before as well. I used Sahara shimmer. I loved the color but it was very very drying on the hair. If you do use it, just take extra care with you hair by deep conditioning, moisturising, and maybe sleep with a satin scarf at night so it wont break.
SimoneC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2007 at 1:44pm
^ yeah im aware of that. thanks though.
myjoyandlight View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2007 at 12:23am
     I used this product twice.  I had the blonde highlights the first time.  My hair did break off in the front but I really don't believe that I can place all of the blame on the product.  When it comes down to it highlights are highlights whether you  have them done professionally or do them yourself you're still having your hair bleached and that means that you ultimately have to be extremely cautious with heat, relaxers, and anything else that will cause your hair to easily break with highlights. 
     I mean if I had gotten my highlights done professionally and still not taken care of my hair then I would only be to blame.  However, there must be something else in the product that is causing people to have breakage of the hair.  I know that I may not have been diligent enough with my hair but no one expects for their hair to shed as much as it did when I had highlights (daily) when I used African Prides Highlights.  I was told that it's discontinued.  So what you bought from the store is probably what's been sitting there for awhile and instead of the store sending it back they'll rather keep it so that they can recoup their money.
islandtyme View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by myjoyandlight myjoyandlight wrote:

I used this product twice.  I had the blonde highlights the first time.  My hair did break off in the front but I really don't believe that I can place all of the blame on the product.  When it comes down to it highlights are highlights whether you  have them done professionally or do them yourself you're still having your hair bleached and that means that you ultimately have to be extremely cautious with heat, relaxers, and anything else that will cause your hair to easily break with highlights. 
     I mean if I had gotten my highlights done professionally and still not taken care of my hair then I would only be to blame.  However, there must be something else in the product that is causing people to have breakage of the hair.  I know that I may not have been diligent enough with my hair but no one expects for their hair to shed as much as it did when I had highlights (daily) when I used African Prides Highlights.  I was told that it's discontinued.  So what you bought from the store is probably what's been sitting there for awhile and instead of the store sending it back they'll rather keep it so that they can recoup their money.

Oh so thats why I don't see it anymore on the shelves?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>