Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

African origins of the diaspora

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

idk how i feel about this African dna testing ... but after watching this video a while back... i kinda don't believe them..

This is the same youtube channel that promotes the theory that the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade never happened and how Black Americans are not descendants of Africans Dead

LOL lol I know.. you can see that from the title of the video.. but they aren't affiliated with 60mins/cbs
A couple of people of yt have those crazy opinions smh..
blaqfoxx had a thread stating that afro-latinas/americans aren't African....

Sponsored Links

Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by hautsdeseine hautsdeseine wrote:

I wouldnt beleive the DNA test because in 400 years there have been a lot of mixture so, you can come from all the groups

Exactly. The old saying that 'America is a Melting Pot' is most applicable to Black Americans because the TransAtlantic Slave Trade had so many stops and so many routes that for one single person, one wave of ancestors could have been from West Africa, one set years later could have been from W.A. by way of the Caribbean, one wave could have been from W.A. by way of Mexico as shown on the documentary series Black in America....then the plantation may have moved from example: Virginia to South Carolina or somewhere where there is an entirely different port of origin for the slave ships...then slaves being traded and sold, passed on to heirs and sent off to never be seen again...any person's family tree is soooo complexly intertwined with other West African descendants and other people from all over the world, that the mesh will not be read in a DNA kit...the kit is reading very small samples of data in your complex mesh. Keep the money. Go do a complex family tree and look up documents on who came from where and what slave routes were in your area.  I would never buy a kit.

I know that in recent times (since the 1700s) my African roots are West African, likely partially Angolan and some on my Dad's paternal side were African by way of the Caribbean (no data on which specific islands, but verbal history) and that when I was in Senegal and The Gambia, my mom blended right in and could not be detected as a foreigner in a crowd and both of my grandfathers had facial features of people that I saw in the SeneGambia region. My dad's paternal side especially.

That's true and that's why a legit DNA test will give u your maternal/paternal(if ur male) haplogroups and your autosomal DNA and leave it at that. And even with that it's really estimation/guesstimation to a certain extent. Tests that tell u that u came from the *insert tribe* is really pushing it. I never believe that stuff.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=577751

^this thread talks about blacks owning whites as slaves in Africa^^  its a looooong thread. if ur curious & have the patience, go for it.

their african diaspora forum http://www.lipstickalley.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328

their african forum http://www.lipstickalley.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374

their black history forum   http://www.lipstickalley.com/forumdisplay.php?f=445

idc who's mad or jealous of LSA, there is a lot of good info in the links provided.   I posted for those that want to learn

hmphhh!!

A bit off topic,
SD, I'm curious to know, do you know who runs LSA? Because I've been browsing their African diaspora and Africa forums lately and although I notice some interesting information in there, I also notice that serious white racists along with self-loathing black individuals are given free reign on that site and that moderators seem to protect them while going in on those with valid arguments about the African diaspora. I'm suspecting this site is not black owned because some of the fuccery in there...

Serious question, I'd like to get info on that web site. There are some interesting threads in there but SO MANY that are cringe worthy. And they stay insulting each other.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jan 26 2014 at 10:09am
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^this thread talks about blacks owning whites as slaves in Africa^^  its a looooong thread. if ur curious & have the patience, go for it.

their african diaspora forum http://www.lipstickalley.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328

idc who's mad or jealous of LSA, there is a lot of good info in the links provided.   I posted for those that want to learn

hmphhh!!

A bit off topic,
SD, I'm curious to know, do you know who runs LSA? Because I've been browsing their African diaspora and Africa forums lately and although I notice some interesting information in there, I also notice that serious white racists along with self-loathing black individuals are given free reign on that site and that moderators seem to protect them while going in on those with valid arguments about the African diaspora. I'm suspecting this site is not black owned because some of the fuccery in there...

Serious question, I'd like to get info on that web site. There are some interesting threads in there but SO MANY that are cringe worthy. And they stay insulting each other.
LOL What???!!! You mean like they do HERE EVERYDAY!??  gurrrrrlll, chuh.   Anywho it is a black owned site operated by a black woman.   The reason it seems like there is free reign is they are treated equally with no favortism.  If I was to say I hate white ppl, they are stupid and ugly, how is that different from saying I hate black ppl, they are stupid & ugly?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.   Free speech for all or none.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 10:48am
I had DNA testing done for fun and for the medical info. 

20% chance of developing breast cancer...
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 10:53am

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

hmphhh!!

A bit off topic,

LOL What???!!! You mean like they do HERE EVERYDAY!??  gurrrrrlll, chuh.   Anywho it is a black owned site operated by a black woman.   The reason it seems like there is free reign is they are treated equally with no favortism.  If I was to say I hate white ppl, they are stupid and ugly, how is that different from saying I hate black ppl, they are stupid & ugly?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.   Free speech for all or none.

I beg to differ. I've been browsing and posting for about 2 weeks there and they just banned me for 2 days for butting heads with some white racist who is using every trick in the book to denigrate African ancestry and specifically Haitian ancestry because he's Dominican. Dude even said that Africans are genetically inferior and that Haitians have low IQs and that West Africa amounts to nothing and I'm the one who got banned. Dude is a fascist throughout all of his threads. So naturally I became curious to know who owns this site and what are the mods attitudes on there. BHM is not nearly as vicious and hostile.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jan 26 2014 at 10:55am
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 10:58am
My breakdown:

88.4% Sub-Saharan African
  • 67.3% West African
  • .8% Central/South African
  • 20.4% Non-Specific Sub-Saharan African
6.5% European
2.3% East Asian & Native American
2.8% Unassigned
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 11:03am
The mods in the religious forums on LSA are great
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 11:09am
2 days is not a long ban.  You should know which mod & why in ur notifications.   They actually have the decency to TELL you what the violation was & which mod does it.  idk what rule u broke, but u can def plead ur case w/o repurcussions, just go to the rule section at the bottom of the home page to know how
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

The mods in the religious forums on LSA are great
they really are, kudos to VeronycaClap we should have some atheist mods here to balance out the one-sidedness

Edited by Senior Detective - Jan 26 2014 at 11:15am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic