Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

African cellphone subscriptions (infographic)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: African cellphone subscriptions (infographic)
    Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 8:51am

Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 9:11am
Thirsty for a phone.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 9:21am
This is a good thing right?

Is this a sign of progress or what people call "westernization"?

I need someone with a connection to Africa to learn me something.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 9:29am
seems like a good thing to me...the more connected Africa is with the rest of the world, the less people can pretend like Africa is a land of resources ripe for the taking without structure or real culture.  That libyan twitter revolution really informed people.  I was just reading on CNN about how the US state dept "trolls" jihadists on twitter now....basically to even matter you have to be visible and participate in technology to be a part of the conversation.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 11:25am
And this is important because.....? 

I'd be more impressed if the continent had a decrease in civil wars, subjugation of women, and HIV rates.  That would be real good news.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

seems like a good thing to me...the more connected Africa is with the rest of the world, the less people can pretend like Africa is a land of resources ripe for the taking without structure or real culture.  That libyan twitter revolution really informed people.  I was just reading on CNN about how the US state dept "trolls" jihadists on twitter now....basically to even matter you have to be visible and participate in technology to be a part of the conversation.
firstly, the arab spring was a result of covert cia actions that failed in places like cuba.

2ndly: libyans along with egyptians wish the spring never happened for the fact that it has drastically reduced their quality of living and libyan no longer get their monthly stipend from gas and oil sales like before

however, im not sure this many cellphones in africa is a good thing, im also not sure if it is a bad thing, im still mulling my thoughts.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:21pm
I guess it can be a step into investing more into Africa, in terms of developing apps tailored to their needs and connecting more people online.  I don't know how wireless internet is in the rest of the continent but in a small pocket of Nigeria I was in, internet connection was ridiculously slow.  I mean like taking it back to 56K and lower slow.  I heard that some of the internet cafes was no better in the area.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:26pm
Afro, i just read this article and it might interest you.  i dont know much or anything on the subject so im not certain what to think.  i do wonder who owns the cellphone companies and towers?

http://blog.smu.edu/research/2010/08/04/africas-cell-phone-boom-cant-trump-dire-need-for-schools-roads-power-water/
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Afro, i just read this article and it might interest you.  i dont know much or anything on the subject so im not certain what to think.  i do wonder who owns the cellphone companies and towers?

http://blog.smu.edu/research/2010/08/04/africas-cell-phone-boom-cant-trump-dire-need-for-schools-roads-power-water/

I know one of the popular cellphone companies in Nigeria is owned by by either an Indian or Arab.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:15pm
thanks for the article tate

i'll get to reading in a lil while
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style