Forum LockedAfraid of quick weaves...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Bre2003 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:22pm
i heard the same if u use wrap strips it wont stick and u can just use it like a regular wig and take it on and off as u please...but it u choose not too and let it stick it can last up to 4 weeks and all u have to do is shampoo it off...i glue pieces in the front or even a full head bonded in my hair all the time girl!! the trick is too BE PATIENT!!! everyone is so eager to take it out the RIPP!! it out of their head and end up yanking their own hair out!! lol it want to use oil, glue remover, or oil sheen thats cool but a quicker way is just to shampoo it out the glue CANNOT hold up to water...
Sponsored Links

RICARDO View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:25pm

If you put a shower cap on your head and then put the stocking cap on glue the tracks on let the glue dry for about 10 minutes you can peel the shower cap off from inside the cap and put it back on your head.  This way you get a good mold of your head yet no glue on your hair.

KathyE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:26pm
I just had a quick weave put in on yesterday , and  my stylish , mold my hair , wrap paper around and then glue hair on wrap. She spray something not sure what , sat under the dryer . when I got home took it off and remove the paper, no glue was on my hair , and put it back on this morining. I just finished curling it about an hour ago it looks good . Now I can care for my hair daily. One thing I notice my hair was not dry under the quick weave when I came home ,  so be careful of mewdwe   that can happen I like the weave cap for me.
StarzBaBi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 11:58pm
^^ Kathy I know what you are talkin about, but the gel isn't good for your hair either Confused
RICARDO View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 7:57am
Originally posted by KathyE KathyE wrote:

I just had a quick weave put in on yesterday , and  my stylish , mold my hair , wrap paper around and then glue hair on wrap. She spray something not sure what , sat under the dryer . when I got home took it off and remove the paper, no glue was on my hair , and put it back on this morining. I just finished curling it about an hour ago it looks good . Now I can care for my hair daily. One thing I notice my hair was not dry under the quick weave when I came home ,  so be careful of mewdwe   that can happen I like the weave cap for me.

Your stylist let you leave the salon with still wet hair?
honeyb1181 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 9:07am
Oh thanks for the comments everybody!
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 3:26pm
I use a shower cap. Just put it underneath the stocking cap and it keeps the glue from seeping into my hair (or onto the foam styling head).
MzKoKoNY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 5:32pm
a quick weave is where the tracks are directly glued ontop of the molded or braided base...versus a stocking cap where the tracks are glued to the stocking cap and placed on the molded or braided base...a stocking cap is much safer than a quick weave the only caution is to make sure the glue does not come in contact with the hair at all...some stylists do it with paper towel, saran wap, or my preferred method a shower cap...if that glue gets in contact with your hair you will experience breakage...my mother went to a stylist who used the paper towel method (this was before i started doing hair) and the glue seeped through the towel and broke all her edges off coupled with a big bald spot on the top of her hair and i had to nurse her hair back to health and it took a year for all of her hair to grow back..not to mention the emotional trauma she went through...

so i say this to say....stay away from any method in which glue comes in direct contact with your hair..it's just asking for disaster
Ms.Allyse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by RICARDO RICARDO wrote:

If you put a shower cap on your head and then put the stocking cap on glue the tracks on let the glue dry for about 10 minutes you can peel the shower cap off from inside the cap and put it back on your head.  This way you get a good mold of your head yet no glue on your hair.

i secomd that
Ms.Allyse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by MzKoKoNY MzKoKoNY wrote:

a quick weave is where the tracks are directly glued ontop of the molded or braided base...versus a stocking cap where the tracks are glued to the stocking cap and placed on the molded or braided base...a stocking cap is much safer than a quick weave the only caution is to make sure the glue does not come in contact with the hair at all...some stylists do it with paper towel, saran wap, or my preferred method a shower cap...if that glue gets in contact with your hair you will experience breakage...my mother went to a stylist who used the paper towel method (this was before i started doing hair) and the glue seeped through the towel and broke all her edges off coupled with a big bald spot on the top of her hair and i had to nurse her hair back to health and it took a year for all of her hair to grow back..not to mention the emotional trauma she went through...

so i say this to say....stay away from any method in which glue comes in direct contact with your hair..it's just asking for disaster

Originally posted by MzKoKoNY MzKoKoNY wrote:

I was JUST about to ask you WHY she went to someone else vs you. My mom went thru this exact same thing. And it was BEFORE my sister started doing hair!! My sister was nursing her hair back to health but then my sister passed away. Can you please tell me what you did to your moms hair?? My mom is suffering from the same thing adn i dont know what to do to help her b/c my sister isn't here anymoreCry
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic