Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedAfraid of quick weaves...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
honeyb1181 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afraid of quick weaves...
    Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:19am

I'm totally terrified of getting glue on my hair!! I've seen them done where the stocking cap is put on and hair is applied with glue. I've read on here that you can use sanek strips or even paper towels and it won't soak through onto your hair. I kinda want to try this but I'm nerrrvous!LOL Does the glue get on your hair?? How exactly do you take it down?? What are your experiences with quick weaves?? (Good and bad...)

TIA!Smile

eta: oh and about how long will it last? maybe a week or 2?

Edited by honeyb1181 - May 21 2008 at 10:20am
Sponsored Links

chill67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:24am
I thought a quick weave was gelling the hair down and glueing the tracks onto the gelled hair.

A stocking cap wig is where you braid the hair, then place paper towels over the head and then the stocking cap and glue the tracks to the stocking cap.  I have done that and the glue does not go through the paper towel.  I have some pics in my fotki, the password in "imani".
LadyW View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:45am
i dont do my quick weave by gelling down my hair and puttin tha tracks ontop of my hair, i do it a different way, i space it out, track, my hair, track, my hair... and so on. my experiences are good, seeing how i wear sew-in all the time, a lil glue aint gon' hurt my hair. i keep it in maybe two weeks at the most, there is shampoo made especially for the glue, so its a bit easier to get the glue out of your hair. i havent tried the stocking cap quick weave yet, but i will one day.
Monday View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 11:09am
I have a stocking cap quick weave (not wig) on right now. I wear them for 2-3 weeks. I usually do my own sewins but I have been too lazy lately. So what I do is either wrap or do 2 ghetto cornrows and put gel on my hair. Then I use (this is where it gets even more ghetto) anything that I can find that is cottony...right know I have a cut up pair of my husbands old boxer briefs up there!! So I put the fabric on my head, and the gel causes it to stick in place. Then I usally apply 2 caps and let it dry. NO GLUE SEEPS THROUGH!! I have used paper towls or strips in the past, but I found that with the slightest blow of the wind you can see WHITE showing through your cap. So I try to use anything I can find that is dark colored. I also leave a small amt of my hair out in the front, I havent been feeling the circle pattern lately. HTH!!!
mz_phi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 11:10am
QUICK WEAVECry, I TRIED IT AND ALL MY EDGES CAME OUT. I WAS SO SO SAD.
tenia_star View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 11:17am
i just call all of them quick weavesLOL

i've done them with & w/o the paper towel. if you're gonna DIY, i'd suggest w/ paper towel. the paper towel really keeps the glue from getting on your real hair. when it's time to take it down it comes off pretty easily w/o pullin your hair.

i've only let my stylist do the gel down method 3 times in prob 5yrs out of desperation. i think she sprayed a lil oil sheen on top before i sat under the dryer.

i had no hair damage either time, but i also let her take it out. i'm heavy handed & woulda been snatchin all my hair off.

ETA: i wear them 2-3 at the most. i pretty much use them as an option if i'm between installs or until i get the hair i want for my sew in

Edited by tenia_star - May 21 2008 at 11:40am
Terri.S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 8:26pm
Quick weaves have been good to me. Here's how I do mine: I wrap my hair really tight, then I wrap it with saran (sp) wrap. I put the stocking cap on top and proceed with gluing the tracks. After I'm done gluing, cutting and styling, I take the weave cap off and remove the saran wrap. My quick weaves last a very long time, months.I only do quick weaves for bobs so I'm not sure how long it lasts for longer styles. Because of how I make them, I can take them off any time and tend to my hair. I still have a few of them and put them on between installs. I love them.
sc2351 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by mz_phi mz_phi wrote:

QUICK WEAVECry, I TRIED IT AND ALL MY EDGES CAME OUT. I WAS SO SO SAD.

This is exactly what happened to a good friend of mine!  When she told me her hair came out I did not believe it until I saw it for myself.  She ended up going to see a doctor!  You have to be careful!
Nichelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 8:55pm
If you do one, I suggest using LG.  I've used LG to glue a couple of tracks in and no breakage.  Plus, you can wash your hair and the tracks will stay in!
rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 9:58pm
I'm super lazy and sweat a lot so I don't think it would last me 2 days lol. I like keeping my hair in for a while so sew ins work best for me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>