Perfect Hair Collection

Topic ClosedAffirm Conditioning Relaxer Instructions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
AshimaStar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Affirm Conditioning Relaxer Instructions
    Posted: Apr 28 2004 at 8:35pm
This everning I purchased the affirm relaxer system from the bss. The items includes: Protecto - Step 1, Affirm Moisture Plus Creme Relaxer - Step 2, 5-in-1 reconstructor - Step 3; and Normalizing Shampoo - Step 4. I did not receive any instructions for the relaxer. Is there somewhere that I can get the instructions for this system? This is the first time I saw a relaxer without instructions.
Sponsored Links

Mocha1111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2004 at 9:12am

Hmmm...you can check the avalon website at www.avalon.com for some instructions.  Just from my experience I know that you apply the protecto to your hair first, then apply the relaxer to new growth only, then rinse out completely, apply the reconstructor and leave on for 5 minutes (I believe) with plastic cap, rinse and wash with normalizing shampoo.  HTH

Where do you live?  I have yet to find a bss that sells Affirm. 

Toscaoneday View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2004 at 2:52pm
Yeah, Mocha. That sounds right to me. They sell it in my bss too, but I got to the salon. But I believe that is how my hairdresser uses the system on my hair.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2004 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Mocha1111 Mocha1111 wrote:

Wheredo you live? I have yet to find a bss that sells Affirm.

Thank you Mocha for responding. I live in NYC and I bought Affirm at Feel Beauty Supply Store.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2004 at 3:14pm
Thank you Toscaoneday. I go to the salon too. I do not do my own relaxers either.
Toscaoneday View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2004 at 11:48am
No prob! I hope it works well for you
tkiner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2004 at 2:04pm
We have had a avalon representative in our salon for quite some time now..with her help we have gained very extensive knowledge in the affirm hair care conditioning  relaxer and color systems that avalon has introduced. as far as the relaxer it depends on what type you hair is... there are about 5 or 6 different relaxers that affirm has to offer depending on hair type.. steps go as follows...apply gentle assurance protective base as the first step, next apply relaxer depending on type of hair, next apply appropriate conditioner with type of relaxer system your using, next shampoo with appropriate normalizing shampoo pertaining to relaxer you used, next step is to use the calcium wipes to further clean the hair. follow up with the leave in conditioner and style with appropriate finishing products depending on type of hair and scalp client has...(they have a whole line of dry itchy scalp products..that are EXCELLENT!!!!)
Mocha1111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2004 at 4:00pm
tkiner, I've never seen calcium wipes before and what type of leave in do they suggest?  KeraCare?
tkiner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2004 at 9:30am

the affirm line has just came out with these kinds of wipes they remove calcium deposits on the hair left by water, and no lie relaxers as well. (the kind  of relaxers that you mix have calcium in them) its not a horrible thing, but it leaves a film on your hair that will weigh your hair down and give it a dull appearance. you will also notice that if you dont use gloves(which you absolutely should) you will have a coating on your fingers in which is calcuim. what it does is protect the scalp from burning sensations that are felt quite fast with lie relaxers. when you use the wipes with every shampoo there is a noticeable change from the first use. i introduce them to my clients as doing one side of the hair and then leaving the other side untreated. they do see a change in how the hair moves and how the hair feels  and styles,on the treated side. to the next question there is only one leave in conditioner that kera care line has and you only need to use a dime size ... and just to note all of the conditioners in the kera care line stay in for 5 shampoos just enough time to get back to the salon..!

Mocha1111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2004 at 10:16am
thanks for the info!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair