Forum Lockedadvice

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
bsems View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice
    Posted: Jul 26 2007 at 10:24am

Ok, here's the story, ive been growing my hair now for about..well...(it'll be 3 years in october)....anywyas tho..i used to keep it natural but my hair is really thick... im mixed with domincan and black so i have a nice grade of hair, its just really thick. so she advised a "no lye" relaxer..the "just for me" brand. she said it would just make it easier to wash and blow dry..well... its about 2 months later adn i've been thinkin about locking up my hair..

my cuzin has great lookin locks and he told me that i could start by "sisterlocking" it.... i tried to do some research up on it and one individual told me that i wouldnt have to cut all my hair off to start...he actually told me that i'd be fine with the hair i have now,just sisterlock up and then from there i could lock my new growth as it grows...  

is this true?? i hope so :shrug:  cuz if i have to cut my hair all downDead... to start then i prolly wont do it....
Sponsored Links

bsems View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2007 at 10:33am

here's a pic of my hair..sorry bout the quality....i could get a better one from my d.camera soon...but this was about 2 weeks ago

DySsign View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2007 at 7:02pm
oh u're a guy?? i havent seen a guy with sisterlocks yet.  why dont you just get regular locs, and yes u can start them with what you have on your head.  you will go thru a messy stage though.
crys1685 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2007 at 10:05pm
you dont have to cut your hair to start. i didn't do a big chop and most of my hair in the back started locking after 3 weeks.
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2007 at 6:23am
Sorry but I think when you say things like ..."im mixed with domincan and black so i have a nice grade of hair' ... that comment is a real put down to Black people.

It's seems there always a Black person trying to make it seem like the less kinky your hair is (ie. mixed with Domincan or whatever) ... the 'nicer' it is.

Real insult. Ouch
bsems View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2007 at 10:45am
Originally posted by DySsign DySsign wrote:

oh u're a guy?? i havent seen a guy with sisterlocks yet.  why dont you just get regular locs, and yes u can start them with what you have on your head.  you will go thru a messy stage though.

yea..my cousin started his with sisterlocks..and the beautician actually has done many male heads and can say that sisterlocks look great on men just as in women...
bsems View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2007 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Sorry but I think when you say things like ..."im mixed with domincan and black so i have a nice grade of hair' ... that comment is a real put down to Black people.

It's seems there always a Black person trying to make it seem like the less kinky your hair is (ie. mixed with Domincan or whatever) ... the 'nicer' it is.

Real insult. Ouch

definately not an insult to any balck person.... i mean, i wish some ppl wouldnt ...."look" for an insult when something like that is said.....because in reality....the only tiem i hear that i have "nice Hair" is from friends of mine, (who are african american)...so in no way do i say that i have BETTER hair than ANYONE....i just stated what i hear from my friends and even strangers...plenty of strangers even comment on my hair as "nice"..i take it just  as a compliment, not as a comparison to anyone elses hair...

so yea...no disrespect sweetheart...im just used to hearing that as a description of my hair , so i said it.......i am no better in any way shape of form as any other person...we are all GOD's children and have been created in all equality....
bsems View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2007 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Real insult. Ouch

definately not an insult to any balck person.... i mean, i wish some ppl wouldnt ...."look" for an insult when something like that is said.....because in reality....the only tiem i hear that i have "nice Hair" is from friends of mine, (who are african american)...so in no way do i say that i have BETTER hair than ANYONE....i just stated what i hear from my friends and even strangers...plenty of strangers even comment on my hair as "nice"..i take it just  as a compliment, not as a comparison to anyone elses hair...

so yea...no disrespect sweetheart...im just used to hearing that as a description of my hair , so i said it.......i am no better in any way shape of form as any other person...we are all GOD's children and have been created in all equality....
DySsign View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2007 at 11:36pm

o yes, i believe they are called brotherlocks--i've seen that word before but still havent seen a brother with them yet.

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic