Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Advice needed: just got my first car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:01am
just keep asking folks, hopefully someone will say yes. also, i agree with tatee. find a time of the day, early sunday  morning (maybe like 6:30- 7  am) when it starts getting light when less people are on the road and just drive short distances. around the block, to the store and each time expand on the the distance until you feel comfortable.

congrats on the new ride! and if you feel that uncertain you should just wait until you find someone. don't want to cause any accidents. and you are in a city where it is more hustle & bustle on the roads.
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:12am
take a driving class. you are learning how to operate a vehicle not a new gadget. this is not the time to "wing it".

and to add to the fact that you live in NYC is all the more reason to take a class. even the most experienced drivers in NYC get in accidents.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:10am

How old are you?

I hope a teen
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:13am
see my mom would never take me to drive either...she is a nervous wreck.  
there was a man at church who taught everyone to drive
and my dad taught me as well

try church ppl.
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:22am
you can teach yourself to drive. i did. i would say to start, just start small. drive around your neighborhood, drive down the street to the store, and things like that. When you get ready to try the freeway, bring someone with you so that you won't be as anxious and you will have another pair of eyes to help you until you get comfortable with blind spots.

if you've already gotten your license, that means you just need to get used to driving again

Edited by lovelife - Nov 29 2012 at 11:23am
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:26am
you should def. take some classes before getting behind the wheel. driving in NYC is probably NOT going to build up your confidence as a driver. Also, there are those split second decisions that you need to make and as a new driver, you won't really know how to react in those situations. having someone teach you whats advisable to do in those situations will probably be helpful.

pay a friend you trust, or a driver's ed school, to help you learn.

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:44am
Go to the drivers ed school. They always have people to ride in the car with you. Also on the weekend go to a parking lot and practice your parallel parking.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:00pm
I thought driving a car was like riding a bike. Once you learn you never forget.
Gumdrop92 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumdrop92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 2:19pm
I used to practice driving video games. My dad started taking me around quiet neighborhoods or old parking lots after that.

My ma took me one time...omg she's so fuggin dramatic. I don't like for her to ride in the car with me now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12