BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Advice needed: just got my first car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dance.Love.Live View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dance.Love.Live Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed: just got my first car
    Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 5:56am
So I just got my first car about 2 weeks ago. Ive had my liscence for 2 years now and I did very well on the test 2 yeas ago. But since then I haven't been driving. Everytime over the past 2 years that I would ask to borrow my mom or sisters cars they would come up with an excuse as to why I can't. So I've has absolutely no driving experience since I got my license. Now I have my car and I'm anxious to drive and not have to take the train everywhere anymore but I'm slightly nervous when I get behind the wheel. I feel much more comfortable when I have an experienced driver beside me helping me. When I ask my mom to come with me she tells me to ask my sister and when I ask my sister she's been coming up with excuses as to why she can't. She took me about 2 times so I feel fr comfortable than I did before but not 100%. Now she's not willing to do it anymore.

I don't have friends that drive. I live in NYC so a lot of my friends just take the train. Basically I have no one willing to help me. I just want to know would it be smart to just go driving by myself around my neighborhood and kind of teach myself?
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 5:59am
NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

First rule of driving safely is to stay calm. If you are not sure of your driving skills and you go driving, I promise you, you're inviting trouble for yourself. The last thing you want to do is wreck your car or yourself.

Play it safe and go to a driving school/hire an instructor. Your safety is too valuable, hun!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 6:04am
What I suggest you do is try and find a less busy area and take it slow. No one really taught me either. I had to teach myself. You received your license so you do know the basics...You've got to get the new drivers jitters over and done with, and that comes with practicing.

Get in the car, no music, adjust your mirrors, fasten your seat belt and take it slow. You will get the hang of it.

Good luck.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 6:23am
your family aint sh*t though
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:08am
when i was nervous about driving i would just get up early on a sunday morning and drive to nyc by myself and just spend the morning driving.  i did the same when i was nervous about highways, id get up on sunday morning and just drive,the only way you can get over it is to just do it.  even when you have someone with you the feeling comes back when you are alone, so you might as well just do it on your own.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:27am
I've been driving since I was 9, and would take the car by myself at 15 to drive over to a friends house, I got my license at 16 and then at 17 I had decided to get on the interstate. I was scared as sh*t, because that was new to me and I didn't really know what to do. But you just need to calm down and take it slow, drive the speed limit and obey all signals. Don't try to pass people and you should do fine. Just drive around the block a few times until you feel comfortable.

Edited by Gia2009 - Nov 29 2012 at 7:27am
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:37am
if mom & sis won't go, ask dad, uncle, aunty, cousins, etc...  I don't recommend new drivers testing the waters in nyc.  They drive like they are crazy there!
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:38am
did you get your permit online?

i been tryna find where to get it but i cant figure out that damn website lol

i needa learn to drive smh
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

What I suggest you do is try and find a less busy area and take it slow. No one really taught me either. I had to teach myself. You received your license so you do know the basics...You've got to get the new drivers jitters over and done with, and that comes with practicing.

Get in the car, no music, adjust your mirrors, fasten your seat belt and take it slow. You will get the hang of it.

Good luck.

Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:09am
it might be slightly jacked up but i feel them.
i dont get in the car with new drivers nor do i teach others to drive.
if u cant muster up the nerve to do it, then consider looking into a driving school
congrats on the new car.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style