BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice from my nutritionist

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice from my nutritionist
    Posted: Aug 14 2015 at 1:59am
So I went to a nutritionist and for some reason he used this session to take purely about exercise.

I was worried he was going to tell me a bunch of things I already knew, but I actually learned something. Many of you might already know, but since I never heard of this, I thought I'd share.

He said that my workout should look like this:
Warm up cardio - 10m
Weights (3sets of 15 for each machine/exercise)- Appx 15mins
Cardio - 40-50m

I used to do this:
Cardio- 30m-1h
Weights- 3sets of 7-10 (heavy weight) appx 10m

I spoke with a couple gym heads that I work with and they agreed whole heartedly. One fit guy said that he thinks of it as a 3 course meal: Warm up is the appetizer, Weights is the main course, and Cardio is the dessert.

Hope this helps someone! I think I will still stick to my reps and sets for cardio bc I do heavy weights, but I will try the order that he gave me and keep you guys informed to see if I see faster results. I am trying to lose weight and tone. Smile
Sponsored Links

SuperPurp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperPurp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2015 at 3:28am
I usually just use the treadmill for 30 minutes every other day. Did your nutritionist say ofter to do exercise?
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2015 at 2:00am
For my particular goals to try to lose weight, he said to aim for 4 times a week. I am trying to lose 30lbs. Smile
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2016 at 12:07pm
well, i am already skinny, so i definitely won't be following this adviceLOL

cardio for 30m will turn me into a toothpick!
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2016 at 8:47pm
Interesting.  I did something similar today, but didn't end with cardio Confused  I guess I'll try it again tomorrow.

Edited by dOLLish. - Jun 12 2016 at 8:47pm
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic