FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adjusting hair to what you wear?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adjusting hair to what you wear?
    Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:54am
Hey ladies,

Do you style your hair to match the rest of your look or do you just go with the flow?

(Oh and feel free to drop pics )
Sponsored Links

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:10am
i suppose i do. i have a few outfits picked out for when i straighten my hair in the near future. im not sure y but i guess it just goes better with the look im going for when im aiming to wear it though i like and would wear the outfit regardless.

ill take pics when it happens lol.

i do prefer to wear my hair back and up/slick when i wear things like turtle necks and blazers for some reason. just seems like too much going on having a big ol bush as well as lapels and collars.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:45am
Yes, I go for the polished look so most of the time my hair is in a bun, but sometimes I may do some sort of roll, tuck, and pin. My edges have to be smoothed.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:18pm
yes your hair is  part of your total look it sets the theme... sorry no pics but i think everyone does this
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 8:50pm
Thanks for the replies so far, I figured it would be a fun topic to discuss.

You can also post pics off the web of examples of a hairstyle that goes with a certain outfit by the way.
I will see what I can contribute.

As for me:

I wore updo's(high buns and high ponytails) from mid summer to winter for a while last year, they were a reliable easy going style that didn't go wrong appearance wise and I had something less to think about at the time with everything I had going on. So I guess I can see both sides of the coin.

But in general I do strive to adjust my hair style to the outfit and add hair accessories if needed to finish the look.
There are some outfits that I think look cuter with my hair down.
Others just look better with my hair up.
Some look great with big hair and with others I have to tone it down.

Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

i suppose i do. i have a few outfits picked out for when i straighten my hair in the near future. im not sure y but i guess it just goes better with the look im going for when im aiming to wear it though i like and would wear the outfit regardless.

ill take pics when it happens lol.

i do prefer to wear my hair back and up/slick when i wear things like turtle necks and blazers for some reason. just seems like too much going on having a big ol bush as well as lapels and collars.

I have noticed that I have less "hair stress" with V necks, anything seems to go with those.

Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

Yes, I go for the polished look so most of the time my hair is in a bun, but sometimes I may do some sort of roll, tuck, and pin. My edges have to be smoothed.

Do you wear the roll, tuck and pin style with business or any other sort of formal attire or casual as well?

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

yes your hair is  part of your total look it sets the theme... sorry no pics but i think everyone does this

I do agree with your view on it being part of the total look and setting the theme.
As for everyone doing this, there are also people that wear their hair out and down the same way every day no matter what they wear.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 8:54pm
Now for some pics:

Ok my quick google search was futile lol, so I will post some of my own, sorry, pics came out bigger :

*With this outfit I did not want to straighten my hair or have it up in a bun, though a ballerina bun would also look cute, but I just felt my hair like this would compliment the look perfectly, I was going for an "edgy-chique" look.

(same dress but with black theme and gold accents)

*The earrings were attention grabbing enough so I wore my hair in a sidebun.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:48pm
I plan my hair around my outfits, weather, my attitude, and her cooperation or lack thereof. Most work days, I go for a classic, simple, yet polished outfit. So, Cleo reflects that. I'll try and remember to post pics later when I'm at the laptop
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:42am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

I plan my hair around my outfits, weather, my attitude, and her cooperation or lack thereof. Most work days, I go for a classic, simple, yet polished outfit. So, Cleo reflects that. I'll try and remember to post pics later when I'm at the laptop

Totally co-signing the addition of @weather and attitude and hair cooperation.

Because if I want to wear my hair out in cold months here I'm going to have to lather up on whatever locks the moisture or my hair becomes unpredictable....but then again..same goes on a very hot day, I've had disaster moments that the moisture decided to evaporate from my hair and I had nothing on me to put it in one nor a spritz bottle and worst yet was that I had to pass by some rotten kids on my way home that felt that I needed to know what I already knew... ugh LOL.

Should have called the topic Adjusting hair to circumstance, but awe well.

Edited by Ritle - Jan 14 2013 at 7:44am
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by beautifulhair123 beautifulhair123 wrote:

looks great

Thanks .
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 10:50am
Well I just dyed my hair vivacious red yesterday and one of my hair goals for this year is to have more fun in my hair and clothes combinations so at current I would say I am adjusting my overall scene to accomidate this bright hair (:
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic