Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives > General Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAdding an egg to conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
prtyprinces View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding an egg to conditioner
    Posted: Jul 18 2007 at 6:46am
I have a very moisturizing conditioner (it is Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Conditioner if anyone has every used it-the bomb!).  I want to do a deep conditioning treatment and want it to have moisture and protein.  Would it be safe to just add in an egg with some honey, Black Strap Molasses, EVOO and Castor oil?   I have added all of these things to my conditioner in the past except the egg.  I was a bit concerned about the whole egg thing being added to an already existing conditioner.  Or should I just mix the loose ingredients together and skip the egg?  I was contemplating going to the store and getting some yogurt or coconut milk and using that in place of the conditioner.  Any ideas?

Note-I am doing this deep conditioning treatment because I am putting my braid extensions in tomorrow and want my hair to be Smile before I do it.  Is any of this too much for right before braids?

Edited by prtyprinces - Jul 18 2007 at 6:46am
Sponsored Links

loolalooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2007 at 9:25am

For my protein, I deep condition with mayonnaise, EVOO, and a lil bit of water.  Then, for my moisture, I slap on some moisturizer and seal after rinsing out the conditioner.  That works pretty well for me.  Maybe you can try something similar .. a not-so-heavy protein conditioner followed by a good moisturizer?

Or, if you really want to mix a deep conditioner that has moisture and protein, maybe you can use mayo in place of your egg.  I've tried egg before and it's much stronger when it comes to protein.  I'd recommend egg only if you want a heavy protein conditioner.  HTH!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic