Topic ClosedAcne Clear Up Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
dachickdia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 10:14am

^ what does this do. I'm kinda hesitate to try everything people advise......

sorry
Sponsored Links

tarah86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2006 at 12:48am
I'll join, my skin doesn't break out bad. I just get it on my cheekbones and the area where my hair meet my face. My acne solutions for me are:
-Lots of water
-Sleep w/ scarf on to not let the products in my hair bbe on my pillow and irritate my skin.
-Wash face with cetaphil soap for 60secs and use cocoa butter as the skin moisturizer to tone my skin.
-Wash face in the morning and the afternoon/night.

Bell View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2006 at 8:02pm
hello everyone,

i am new to the site.... i have been here many of times and read many of the boards, but didn't say anything.....however, i feel everyone when it comes to the acne situtation.... i will be 30 in august and for 4 years now i have been fighting acne....i have finally got the bumps under control using neutrogena pore control....however, they do come back.....the only problem i am having now is getting rid of this circular dark spot on both cheeks and a few dots on my chin and forehead.....everytime i go home to my mom i look at my pics of me in high school and college and wish for those days back of beautiful skin....i also have acne very badly on my back.....i really don't know what to do anymore.....and have resorted to wearing make up when i go out, but not everyday.....only on dates.....

I WANT MY SKIN BACK!!!!

toshinaw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2006 at 4:31pm
I feel pretty much the way you did, I've always had acne and now as a 28 year old I feel like enough is enough. I've used everything also and now I'm using Retin A micro, which does not stop the breakouts.  I want to once in my live had clear beautiful skin.  If i have to pay I'll pay I want my skin to not be embarassing anymore.  I've used Aveeno for the burning and dryness and it works really well.  I'm gonna try the Neutrogena also.  Thanks for your post girl.......and wish me luck!
tarah86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2006 at 6:56pm
I did the hydrogen peroxide and I notice some of the towel shedding on it. Gonna use this as my toner and use my cocoa butter with EVOO to seal it in. Unlike yesterday my skin doesn't feel irritated. I was shocked to see there was no dirt on it. I guess the 60sec washing really works.
ETA:
Is queen helene mint julep mask an exfoliate? 
luvhair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2006 at 2:29pm
im on this challenge. ive had acne for too long and im tired of it. has anyone read dr perricone's book the acne prescription? it explains how your diet plays a big role in your skin. i know when i eat badly it shows in my skin. yes drinking a lot of water is very important but it's also important to eat the right foods. the book talks about the foods that aggravate acne like breads, pasta, cereals, sweets, candy, doughnuts, coffee, etc. and he also talks about the foods that help your skin. you don't have to buy it you can get it from the library.

using the right products on your skin are important but i know all the products in the world dont help me if i continue with a bad diet. just something to think about. HTH

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2006 at 5:19pm
^ You have a point. I notice when I eat bad food, that's when my skin is at its worst....
tarah86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2006 at 9:35pm
Tried the Queen helen mint julep and I love it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2006 at 10:21pm
^ didn't do anything for me
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2006 at 4:19am
I actually had an argument with my dermatologist because he kept telling me that what I ate had nothing to do with my acne.  I have cystic acne and only have break outs when I eat chocolate or have intestinal problems.  The worst part about it is the scarring that is left over from one or two bumps, they look horrible.  I use:

neutrogena oil-free acne wash
over the counter antibiotic ointment
retin-a (only when I need to get rid of a scar fast)
avon clearskin overnight blemish treatment
mama lotion from skincarerx.com
m.d. forter aftercare spf30 (very light)

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic