Extensions Plus

Forum LockedAcid Wash My New Wigs ???

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
unbeweavable View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acid Wash My New Wigs ???
    Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 3:31am
I tried a new vendor to make a few wigs with virgin indian hair that i sent to him. When i got the wigs the hair on all the wigs was tangling and knotting at the root and I had to fight with the hair to get it to flow mind you this was right out of the packageCry needless to say i was shocked and very upset.

Once the tangles were out the wigs looked fine but i just never experienced this type of problem especially so early and i'm not sure how severe it is. There was also a problem with the hairlines so i sent them back to be repaired. The vendor is cooperating and when I spoke to him about the tangling (to me it seems to be a problem with the ventilation because the hair quality is excellent) He suggested dipping the hair in the acid bath to take care of the tangles Shocked. Now the reason I took the time to source the hair myself and ensure it is virgin unprocessed hair is so that i don't have to deal with stuff like that.  

Does anyone know anything about how acid affects virgin hair??? Will it strip the cuticles and make the hair dry and act like BSS hair. Since the hair is a good quality will it withstand the process better than floor hair that was bad to start???  I'm not sure if it is better to fight with the current natural tangles at the root because the rest of the hair is good or should i risk the whole wig becomming a disaster after this acid bath???

I need to tell him what I want him to do but i'm not sure what would be best. What would you suggest??
Sponsored Links

Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 3:58am
Something ain't right.Confused

I ONLY order virgin hair lf units and nary a one of them has ever tangled.

Even when I go to bed without putting it up correctly - the next morning it will be all over my head but after I spray some leave in conditioner .. it will comb through just fine ... as if that night never happened.

If you purchased real virgin hair maniputed it yourself etc to verify that it was virgin .. and you asked the vendor to make you a wig and it came back like this .. I think he did the old switcharoo on you.Unhappy

Meaning ... he kept your hair and used his processed hair to make your wig because in my experience .. processed hair gets tangled etc but virgin hair NEVER gets that way.

I think you got taken and this 'acid bath' story (which is a mystery to me!) is his lame attempt at correcting that mess.

You can't alway trust vendors.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 4:31am
Hi Becky Smile

This is the hard part about cheating on your tried and true vendor because I have never had any problems with my wigs before and so i may have to chalk these up as a loss but if i can salvage somthing out of it then then i'll try and make it work. You are absolutely correct virgin hair really requires no effort and is virtually tangle free so you can imagine my shock when I got this.

I'm pretty sure that it is the hair that i sent because he returned all of the leftover hair and the hair matches each wig. Also the bottom of the hair is fine its just at the root where it was ventilated that the hair was tangling like it wasn't put in properly or something Almost like the i couldn't comb it from the roots without really fighting with it but once i got through that part the rest was fine that is why i don't know about this acid thing because that may make it worse.  I was able to get the hair combed out and it seemed ok but i hate to think about wearing it or washing it because it may really act up.
AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 4:45am
Even Virgin hair is treated, at least up at the tips of the hair so that it won't tangle.  The hair that is folded over and coming up out of the loop is facing the opposite direction, so if that part of the hair is treated, it should cause no problems.

Maybe they should have treated the roots at the time they made the wig.

Think about it, the shorter part of the hair that comes up out of the knot is facing in the opposite direction.

The hair can be the best created by mankind, but if the cuticles are facing opposite direction, that can cause tangling and matting.  

Same with some hair folded over and sewn on a weft.  That part of the hair that is folded over is treated somehow cause clearly, the root is folded over and facing the opposite direction.

The hair that you think is totally virgin... isn't.

Here is a copy and paste from BLISS HAIR:

ATTENTION BRAIDERS AND WIG-MAKERS:  BLISS HAIR can be used for braiding by cutting the hair off the weft.  However, the person who is doing the braiding must be familiar with braiding with cuticle hair. If BLISS HAIR is doubled in half when braiding or making closures, lace-front wigs, etc., the hair will matt and tangle beyond recognition.  It is not the same as working with NON-CUTICLE hair.  Bliss hair may work best in wigs if  injected into the wig scalp.

Edited by AshleysMom - Jun 07 2009 at 4:46am
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 9:08am
ubweavable -
What kind of acid is supposed to be used for this ?  I have never sent hair, etc, so I am totally lost about this otherwise.
curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 11:33am
Originally posted by AshleysMom AshleysMom wrote:

Even Virgin hairistreated, at leastup at the tips of the hair so that it won't tangle. The hair that is folded over and coming up out of the loop is facing the opposite direction, so if that part of the hair is treated, it should cause noproblems.

Maybe they should havetreated the roots at the time they made the wig.

Think about it, the shorter part of the hair that comes up out of the knot is facing in the opposite direction.

The hair can be the best created by mankind, but if the cuticles are facing opposite direction, that can causetangling and matting.

Same with some hair folded over and sewn on a weft. That part of the hair that is folded over is treated somehow cause clearly, the root is folded over and facing the opposite direction.

The hair that you think is totally virgin... isn't.

I think what AshM said is true and this is what is causing the tangling at the roots.

If I hold a few strands of my natural hair between my thumb and index finger and run those fingers down the length of my natural hair those fingers will glide down smoothly. BUT if I attempt to run those same 2 fingers back up on those same stands the hair will feel rough and my fingers will meet with resistance because I am trying to go against my hairs cuticles which naturally face downward.

It sounds like he used the actual virgin hair that you sent him but he should have treated the roots of the hair to avoid this tangling.
AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 11:56am

Hey CG!!!    yes, they should have treated it if the cuticles were going to be facing in the opposite direction, the same way they do the rest of their hair.

Hi Unbeweavable,

Here is my suggestion.  First, get yourself some detangler.  Detangle the hair first.  Get some good stuff like Mixed chick or silicon mix or both.  Use it and soak it and leave it as long as you can.

You may then need to give it a bleach bath and afterward you will need to reapply more silicon mix/ quality conditioner ... DEEP CONDITIONER.  If it's curly or wavy hair you need some Redkin for curls or something like that made for wavy/ curly hair.    

That is what I would do.  Detangle, Deep condition,   bleach bath if necessary and then deep condition again and use some hydrating conditioner for wavy/curly hair if the hair is indeed wavy/curly.

Edited by AshleysMom - Jun 07 2009 at 11:58am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 10:03pm
Thanks everyone that makes a lot of sense and AM that is a great suggestion I think i'll go that route.

Celie, I have contacted the vendor to get more info on the acid treatment because I had never heard of this before. Apparently this is what is used to stop tangles but I have no other info at this time. I don't think i'll let  him use it on my wigs though.

LynnNyc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2009 at 7:40am
sounds like he mixed your hair up, ventilating roots in some place and the ends in another.  I had a vendor who would not work with virgin hair for this reason, said it was too much work making sure the hair was rooted correctly in ventilating so if you wanted to send him hair, you had to send him processed hair with not cuticles. 

The acid will strip the cuticles and it'll take care of the tangling but the reason you bought the virgin hair was so that you would not have dry processed hair.  He should offer you some discount, partial refund or something as he messed up on his end.  It's always a gamble when you send hair.

Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2009 at 8:19am
Ohhh if the acid wash will strip the cuticles .... then you are right .. it will no longer be virgin. Unhappy
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic