Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Acid Peels - Share your Reviews & Routines..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 12:54am
Day 3. I have finally began peeling today and of course, it was on my jaw.

That's basically where the only peeling is right now. Everywhere else, though it may not look it due to the aquaphor on my face keeping my skin moist, is tough, leathery, and tight. The new skin looks glorious, though! It's right by my lips, on the chin. The dark parts on my jaw make it easier to see.

Edited by Midna - Jan 04 2014 at 1:00am
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 1:20am
Day five. I had a LOT of peeling yesterday (Day 4). I mean peeling so intense, my face literally looked to be falling apart. It was freaking out co-workers and customers at my job, haha!

Now it's day five and the majority of my skin has peeling. My new skin looks fantastic! There's a couple of spots on my face where I think the skin peeled too early but I expect those parts to heal up and pigment evenly with quickness. All I have left to peel is my forehead and my lower jaw.

I'll post pictures for Day 5.

I don't know if doing 3 layers made me peel faster or the fact that I use Vitamin C daily played a role (I did not use vitamin c while my skin was healing and flaking. Besides, ouch!) but I peeled surprisingly fast this round, something I expect to finish in about 7-8 days, not 3-5!

I also noticed that the skin that peeled this round was a bit thicker than what I'm used to peeling. I guess three layers of the 12.5 solution made this a medium peel and not a light peel which I'm perfectly fine with. The benefits are obvious and even my co-workers now are flocking to me asking about getting peels done. Hell, even my manager hit me up asking me some questions. I'm not even fully peeled yet!

I'll do another TCA peel in about six months. Until then, I'll resume my regular schedule of glycolic in a month.

Let's see.. what else.. oh yeah, because I did three layers, my skin was CRAZY tight this round. I mean TIGHT. Like it honestly felt like I was wearing a mask. I've never felt that affected from a 1 or 2 layer peel. My skin was so tight, I couldn't even open my damn mouth as wide as I usually do when eating! Even blinking took a little more effort. If I smiled, not only did I look creepy because I couldn't fully smile, but it caused a HUGE array of tight wrinkles on my entire face so my ass looked like the Grinch.
http://media.giphy.com/media/pzovvA1KiVSCs/giphy.gif

On Day 3, I decided to keep my skin moist all the time at home so I bought some Aquaphor and I think this has also played a role in my skin peeling earlier than usual because Aquaphor creates a barrier where the skin can stay moist and protected for optimal healing. So I'd steam my face, put some hyaluronic acid (very soothing), moisturize with cetaphil, place some Burt's Bees Healing Serum on my face, and then seal it in with a layer of Aquaphor. My skin would be moist all day at home since Aquaphor takes ages to absorb and with all the nutrients and moisture I already gave it underneath, I think it accelerates the healing.

I'm back to using Vitamin C on my face (which now stings more thanks to increased sensitivity) for the sake of reversing any sun damage that might have occurred if my sunblock failed and I think I'll continue doing the aquaphor nutrient "masks" for about a week until I stop and resume normal skincare at home.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 1:39am
My skin is PERFECTION!!

This peel has been such a major success. I have a couple of spots left to fully peel but they're taking their time and they're so hard to see, I honestly don't even mind them. ^_^

Oddly, I now look like a kid without makeup. Its not that I looked old but you know that poreless appearance kids have? Let's just say I've regained that...

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 10:55am
Wow you've come a long way. What is your vitamin c recipe.

I want to do a peel on my back and arms for bacne scars.
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 5:57am
Any suggestion for getting rid of Hyperpigmentation? I am a newbie with peels.

At the moment I use a 5% GA & LA toner daily for exfoliation.
I want my skin to be even and keep spots, whitehead at bay and minimize pores.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:02pm
Midna, which TCA peel did you use?
It took 8 days to peel and see results?

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jan 23 2014 at 2:03pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:03pm
the dennis gross peel pads that I bought did nothing to my skin.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 3:57am
Hey hun! I used the TCA peel at a percentage of 12.5%. If you're new to the tca, I strongly recommend playing it safe and sticking to one layer.

I only did three because I've used the TCA peel before.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 3:59am
Also that's me in my current profile picture. I think my skin looks pretty nice!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Hey hun! I used the TCA peel at a percentage of 12.5%. If you're new to the tca, I strongly recommend playing it safe and sticking to one layer.

I only did three because I've used the TCA peel before.

You wrote in another post you bought it off amazon, is it this one?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151>