Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Acid Peels - Share your Reviews & Routines..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 151>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm

I started on the MUAC 18% TCA peel 2 years ago, had good results, then the it became less effective. I then moved up to 20%, great results, then is was less effective after the second order. I just ordered the 24%, hoping to have great results. I tried their fade peel and lactic acid peel, the results weren’t noticeable so I’m sticking with the TCA peel. Also an esthetician told me that TCA is the main ingredient in the Obaji blue radiance peel...

Sponsored Links

morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by DarkestBeauty DarkestBeauty wrote:

Where do you get your retin A gel from because the same thing happen to me burning my damn skin
You have to get a prescription from a dermatologist
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:07pm
Just ordered a 40% lactic acid peel I hope it gets rid of most of these ugly spots
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:02am
I did a Glycolic acid peel 3x from MD Formulations and my skin felt better, cleaner but it did nothing for my acne. I do like their little sets. The facial lotion was nice, not greasy at all.

cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by skinnymoo skinnymoo wrote:

what products are ya'll using to neutralize the TCA peel?

I just use baking soda
prettieyez85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:11pm
Hello, newbie here but longtime lurker of this thread. I have been struggling with acne & dark spots since i was 12yo & im 27 now. I hadnt ever heard of facial chemical acid peels until i stumbled upon this site & a cpl others & read some very interesting raves & reviews about them. So i decided that i would like to give it a shot since i have almost tried everything there is on the market except those few that u have to have a Rx for.

I started out with the 40%     lactic acid peel. I ordered the sample kit from makeupartistchoice.com i had placed my order 1st thing last Monday am but they didnt ship it til that next afternoon. However i did receive it that following Thursday, only 2 days later so the shipping was rather quick. I didnt try the peel until that Saturday am & i took pics before i did it. I will be doing my next peel this Saturday as well & take pics b4 i do that one too

My 1st time using the peel was quite ez. It didnt burn like i had expected it to. It actually itched more than it tingled lol i didnt see an immediate difference in my skin when it was all over, but when i got home later that evening frm wrk, i noticed that all my active acne had began to dry up & form scabs over them, while others had startws to loosen up skin around them, almost like sloughing off/away

Has anyone else been continuing with their peels and getting results?
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:35am
I have been alternating between Lactic and Glycolic for the past couple months. They have helped a bit with the fading of marks however I still have these stupid icepick scars. I have no idea I got them because I don't pick at my zits. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:42pm
Yea, i was gonna try the glycolic peel once i had gotten my skin adjusted to the lactic acid peel. But now someone from a different thread that i had just started a couple days ago has gotten me interested in trying the Maxi Peel...have u ever heard of it?
brieSFCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brieSFCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 9:32pm
Just ordered my 40% lactic acid 'sample' kit..   I read on the thread that the sample size, is good enough for a few peels.
..But I am DESPERATE to get rid of all these acne scars and black dots on my face. My concealer +  foundation needs a break. and plus I hate looking like a ENTIRE DIFFERENT person when I'm not wearing my make-up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prettieyez85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by brieSFCA brieSFCA wrote:

Just ordered my 40% lactic acid 'sample' kit..   I read on the thread that the sample size, is good enough for a few peels.
..But I am DESPERATE to get rid of all these acne scars and black dots on my face. My concealer +  foundation needs a break. and plus I hate looking like a ENTIRE DIFFERENT person when I'm not wearing my make-up.

I know how u feel hun, same here
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 151>
  Share Topic