Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Acid Peels - Share your Reviews and Routines..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
loveroflife101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2016 at 11:46am
Week 8, day 3

I was lazy to do it on the planned the day which was last weeks friday, so I did it today which is monday. I did three very different things this time. I derma rolled my face with a derma roller of 1,00mm needles before applying my peel. I read that derma-rolling beforehand will create a deeper peel. The second thing I did differently was apply a different type of chemical peel. This week I used a glycolic peel, instead of a lactic acid peel. This is supposed to be a slightly more intense peel. I used it with a 50% concentration and left it on for 5 minutes. Let me tell you... If I don't notice some real improvements with this peel, I'm going right back to the lactic acid peel or exploring a different type of peel. As soon as this peel touched my face it STUNG. It stung a lot worse than the lactic acid peel and I'm sure that the fact that I derma rolled before hand played a factor in this. It felt as if I had a open wound and spritz some really hot chilli on it. This leads me to the third thing I did differently. It stung so bad, I only applied it on my forehead. I simply couldn't muscle enough courage to apply it throughout the rest of my face. Again.. only if I see some real improvements am I willing to continue with this peel/technique. 
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 4:42pm
I'm back! I'll be restarting this program and additionally adding a few extra's this time around. 

The first thing that I'll be incoporating is, Likas papaya soap. It's branded as a lightening soap, but I have carefully researched and read that it won't bleach your complexion. It has no agents that bleach your skin, meaning anything that will inhibit or interfere with your melanin, causing you complexion to go lighter than your natural complexion. What it will do is fade discoloration and lighten severely sun damaged skin, which is what I am looking foward to. Likas has great exfoliation properties. Lactic acid will loosen the skin on the upper layer and I hope to loosen and shed it off my face with the Likas bar soap. 

The second thing I'll be adding is, a lactic acid lotion. I plan on setting my percentage at 15% and I'll be experimenting with the frequency, considering the fact that I am also doing peels. 

Last time, I worked up to 8 weeks, so I'll be resuming this routine and call it round 2! 

I didn't notice any improvements with my complexion, last time around.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2016 at 11:22am
Round 2, week 1!

Peel concentration: 65%
Time: 7 minutes total
Layers: I applied 6 layers. I applied it at every minute mark, until I reached 1 minute on the countdown so: 7:00 -apply first layer- 6:00 -apply layer- 5:00 - apply layer- 4:00 -apply layer-, 3:00 -apply layer- 2:00 -apply layer-
After peel: I applied aloe vera gel 
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CincygirlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 8:50pm
Following!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154
  Share Topic