Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acid Peels - Share your Reviews and Routines..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 154>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ashleymichelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleymichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 6:22pm
To CurlyBri77.No these are actually "light" peels. My skin didnt peel at all. Its a little red but thats it.

Edited by ashleymichelle - Mar 28 2008 at 6:23pm
Sponsored Links

xavier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 6:39pm
I've been wondering about this as i want to get rid of the scars and uneven skintone on my face. how long does it take to see results?
Tasha123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasha123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 8:42pm
i just wanna put my 2cents in a say to visit http://www.sephora.com/search/search_results.jhtml?%2Fcom%2Flvmh%2Fcommerce%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2Fiphrase%2Fproxy%2FIPhraseSearchFormHandler.search=search&_D%3A%2Fcom%2Flvmh%2Fcommerce%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2Fiphrase%2Fproxy%2FIPhraseSearchFormHandler.search=+&command=eq&attr1=Category&attr2=%3ASkincare%3AFace%3AScrubs+%26+Exfoliants&v0=peel&i=Product+id&s2=Name%2F%2F1&s1=Product+TopSellers%2F%2F0&s0=iphrase+relevance%2F%2F0&as=1&q=15&a0=Category%2F%2Fv%3A0&s=%24__session__%24&t=0&c1=t%3A0%2F%2F%3Assl%2F%2FCategory%2F%2F%3ASkincare%3AFace%3A&c0=i%3A768%3BCategory%2CCategory+Long+Description%2CDescription%2CName%2CNo+Show+Category%2CProduct+Keywords%2CSku+Description%2CSku+Name%3Bpeel%3Bexfoliate%3B%2B0&searchString=&_DARGS=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch_results.jhtml ......SRY LINK IS SOOO LONG,,,but i think you Ladies should visit sephora because they have alot of great skin products--even i was amazed (and they list that ingredients also). My skin is very wierd, it gets so dry to the point where its oily,and lately i have been having alot of dry flaky skin....in fact tomorrow i plan on buying this http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P196003&categoryId=S15110&shouldPaginate=true  ,the ingredients are AMAZING and it seems sooo potent, and i can use it everyday, i can't wait to try this. Trust me ladies Sephora has a lot of great SKIN LIGHTENERS: that are safe to lighten those dark spots. EXFOLIANTS/PEELS:that have great ingredients and seem pretty effective.
they even have a Glycolic Acid body wash to get smooth clear skin all over http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1809&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3528

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleymichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2008 at 11:50am
Originally posted by xavier xavier wrote:

I've been wondering about this as i want to get rid of the scars and uneven skintone on my face. how long does it take to see results?

It depends on how bad your scars and hyperpigmentation is. For me just one peel showed results, and i have extremely uneven skintone and lots of dark any spots. I just did mines yesterday. Immediately after the peel i noticed smaller looking pores and overall my skin looked refreshed. By this morning my scars looked even lighter. I think thats because of the dead skin shedding. But ofcourse to get long lasting and optimum results you should do one peel once a week for about 2 months.
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2008 at 4:29pm

I used to get glycolic acid peels with extraction done at the dermatologists' office. I loved it, my skin was clear, even toned
and the best thing about it is that it kept any small imperfections
at bay. Here's the deal though, if you ladies are doing this you
need to be sure to put sunblock on your face when you go out
throughout the week, doesn't matter if the sun isn't strong...if
you don't what will happen is you'll age all the new skin that you
have just exposed and exfoliated free by using the glycolic acid
peel.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleymichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2008 at 9:17am
I just got done doing my third peel yestserday. The results are great, after about a couple more weeks i should be putting my mac foundation in storage lol.
lena_2202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lena_2202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2008 at 11:50pm
I can't wait to try what you guys are talking about! Thanks for the good adviceSmile
BonitaApplebaum View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonitaApplebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2008 at 1:22pm
I definitely want to try a glycolic peel soon, before summer gets here. Being that it is the mildest chemical peel. I researched the other peels and its uses/results. I've read that you can mix your glycolic acid with a facial wash or cream in lesser concentrations so that you can use it as part of your daily skin regimen. Has anyone done this before?
H0tg1rl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0tg1rl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2008 at 2:54am
Do you guys think i could use the glycolic peels on my face along with my legs to try and lighten a sort of mild case of stretch marks?
zetalady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zetalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2008 at 8:48am
i am really seriously thinking about trying this also.......
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 154>
  Share Topic