Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Acid Peels - Share your Reviews and Routines..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 154>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
loveroflife101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2016 at 7:32am
Week 4!

Last sessions progress: My complexion appeared slightly brighter and I had insanely soft skin. I started wearing makeup and one of the problems I used to have was the fact that my forehead had dark discoloration which would peak through my foundation. Now my foundation blends a lot better, especially on my forehead. 

Session: This is my third session. It's supposed to be my fourth and on a monday, but I kept putting it off last week, so i ended up not getting around to do it. I planned to do it on monday, but I put it off again, so I ended up doing it today, which is Wednesday. 
Peel details: 55% Lactic acid peel. I left it on for 7 minutes. I started by applying it to my forehead and once I was done with that I started the timer and went over my entire face. Surprisingly enough it didn't burn as bad as the 40%! It still burned and my face felt hot, but it felt a lot better than the 40% strength. I still recommend starting at 40%. I cleansed with my face wash and primed with rubbing alcohol and water before my peel and I rinsed it with water and a baking soda-water mix to neutralize. Lastly, I moisturized with avacado oil.

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Originally posted by loveroflife101 loveroflife101 wrote:

Originally posted by SupremeBeing SupremeBeing wrote:

Week numero dos! 

Last weeks progress: I haven't really noticed or seen anything new with my skin. It's noted that it takes several peels in order to see results. I've looked around and most people started seeing results after 4-6 peels. 

It's week two and I just did my second lactic acid peel session. It has been exactly a week since my first lactic acid peel. 

Second peel: I took the same steps, I took in the previous week. I used the peel at a 40% concentration and I started my 5 minute time-watch the second I started applying the peel. I left the peel on for the full 5 minutes, but oh man, I was tempted to rinse it off after 1! I didn't get around to do my lip peel, because while I was neutralizing my face peel, I swiped some of the baking soda solution on my lips and I believe that makes the peel inactive. It's been about 10 minutes now and my skin still has a slight stinging feeling all over. My skin feels a little sensitive and dry, but nothing I'm concerned over. I'm trying to not touch my face for the rest of the night. I'll be heading to bed soon, but before that I think I'll lather some more avacado oil on my face.

I'm thinking of incoporating a diy 10%vitamin c/5% lactic acid face serum. If I do add this into my routine, I will do it after at-least 24 hours. 

Do an ACID PEEL on those spotty ass cheeks of yours.

What?

This appears to be a White Supremist Troll.  He also posted the same thing on "Journey to better skin care"    I look up some older post from this person and there are Hitler-like pics and similar things.  I tried reporting it, but not sure if it went through.

Ah, I see! Noted. Thank you for letting me know. It's ironic how he/she/it is racist, but is still on website for black women. Obsession with black people is real..
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2016 at 8:44pm

Week numero dos! 

Last weeks progress: I haven't really noticed or seen anything new with my skin. It's noted that it takes several peels in order to see results. I've looked around and most people started seeing results after 4-6 peels. 

It's week two and I just did my second lactic acid peel session. It has been exactly a week since my first lactic acid peel. 

Second peel: I took the same steps, I took in the previous week. I used the peel at a 40% concentration and I started my 5 minute time-watch the second I started applying the peel. I left the peel on for the full 5 minutes, but oh man, I was tempted to rinse it off after 1! I didn't get around to do my lip peel, because while I was neutralizing my face peel, I swiped some of the baking soda solution on my lips and I believe that makes the peel inactive. It's been about 10 minutes now and my skin still has a slight stinging feeling all over. My skin feels a little sensitive and dry, but nothing I'm concerned over. I'm trying to not touch my face for the rest of the night. I'll be heading to bed soon, but before that I think I'll lather some more avacado oil on my face.

I'm thinking of incoporating a diy 10%vitamin c/5% lactic acid face serum. If I do add this into my routine, I will do it after at-least 24 hours. 

What?

This appears to be a White Supremist Troll.  He also posted the same thing on "Journey to better skin care"    I look up some older post from this person and there are Hitler-like pics and similar things.  I tried reporting it, but not sure if it went through.

Edited by Benni - Feb 09 2016 at 8:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2016 at 3:19pm

Week numero dos! 

What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2016 at 6:16pm
Week numero dos! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2016 at 4:30pm
You guys are brave to be doing TCA peels! I'm absolutely terrified of those, but when applied and taken care of properly, the results are amazing! Perhaps, the most effective peel that I know of that, yields drastic improvements with a short time span. That being said, I won't even attempt doing one lol. If the results look that good, can you imagine how it would look like if it went wrong? 

I just did a 40% Lactic acid peel on my face of 3:30 minutes and a 20% lactic acid peel on my lips of 2:00 minutes. This isn't my first time with applying a peel, but it has been years since I last did one. The 40% lactic acid peel on my face was hell! It stung so bad, that I couldn't even reach my initial goal of 4 minutes. The lip peel was alright, I hardly felt anything on my upper lip and on my lower lip it was mostly discomfort. 

I did this process by cleansing my make-up off with avacado oil and a gentle cleanser. I waited about 10 minutes, after I washed and cleansed my face to start the peel treatment. I firstly started off with my face. The peel directions I follow, say to apply it on dry skin and on top of that, I didn't want to apply it immediately after cleansing my face, because my pores would be wide open, which may cause an even harsher sting and discomfort. I left my face peel on for 3:30 minutes after applying it all over with a fan brush. I cleansed my face with water and mixed some bicarbonate of soda with a water and applied it onto my face. I didn't measure my mixture, but it was mostly water with some bicarb. I'm guessing 70% water and 30% bicarb soda. This mixture briefly stung like HELL, I immediately cleansed it off and re-applied the solution, this time leaving it on for about a minute so that my ph could be balance and any further peeling would stop. I cleansed with water and moisturized by tapping avacado oil on my face. After I was done with my face, I followed up with my lips, doing the same exact steps, but with a lower percentage, lower time frame and I used some honey-beeswax lipbalm to moisturize.

I won't be applying or doing anything other to my face than cleansing and moisturizing with some oil for the next 24 hours. Today is my first week and my first peel of this session. I'll let you guys know how everything goes. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2016 at 1:55pm
do you guys think TCA peels are better than green peeling oil?
gigiglam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigiglam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2016 at 10:47am
I've tried glycolic and lactic acid products for my dark spots, but they are still there. Anybody been to the dermatologist office and got a perscription for somthing that actually works. I'm tired of all the home remedies, home peels, etc. I just need one product that works!
PerfectBxtch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBxtch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2015 at 2:00pm
Does glycolic acid work for hyperpigmentation at all?? Ive been using it but not seeing a huge difference. I think I may switch to lactic but I'd like to save money and make my GA work if I can.

Also do any of you ladies use kojic acid??
mtownprincess23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtownprincess23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 9:34am
I'm trying to sell some yellow peeling oil. PM me if you're interested.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 154>
  Share Topic