Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

achieving this color

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: achieving this color
    Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 11:49am
I want to try and get this color:http://whatwig.com/ProductImages.aspx?ProductId=1570843  with a closure for next year but I'm not sure how to go about dyeing it.  I assume that I would have to lift the closure with bleach and developer(or just developer?) and then put a rinse or box dye on top that looks similar to this color but would I also have to bleach and color some of the actual wefts on top so it looks as it does in the picture? also although i plan on using a closure, should I still leave the roots of the closure alone to make it looks more natural?
Sponsored Links

KanDy994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KanDy994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 4:04pm
You can't just use developer. All developer does is open the hair cuticle to let the color or bleach in. It's like putting sugar in tea..... Developer would be the spoon to stir it up (probably bad comparison but I think it's simple enough)
So bleach and developer would lift it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 6:30pm
yeah i know what developer does I've just read and seen many ppl using just developer to lift the hair a little because Im not trying to go super blonde I thought maybe using just developer could get me to the color I want, so I guess my best bet would be to bleach it and then put a rinse or box color on top?
KanDy994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KanDy994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 8:42pm
You can do that or you can mix the color with developer to open the cuticle and let more color in or you can just lighten it with bleach and developer. I think the color that you want can be reached any of those ways

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 11:16am
ok, thank you very much =)
KanDy994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KanDy994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 6:46pm
No problem! Make sure you upload pics I'd love to see how it turns out
mickie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 9:57am
Originally posted by KanDy994 KanDy994 wrote:

You can do that or you can mix the color with developer to open the cuticle and let more color in or you can just lighten it with bleach and developer. I think the color that you want can be reached any of those ways

Really?Shocked
Does this also work for dying weft as well? Mixing the color with developer that is.

KanDy994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KanDy994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by mickie mickie wrote:

Originally posted by KanDy994 KanDy994 wrote:

Really?Shocked
Does this also work for dying weft as well? Mixing the color with developer that is.

The hair not the actual weft right? It should work as long as it's human hair. I know the quality of the hair will affect how well the color takes and everything but as long as it's human it's has cuticles and everything for the color and developer to work it's way into
mickie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 9:03pm
Of course not the weft lol I only use virgin hair but I'm tired of the powder and developer ...
KanDy994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KanDy994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 3:59am
well depending on the color you want you wouldn’t need the bleach powder to lighten it. If you’re going darker or just a shade lighter you may only need the color, but developer will open the cuticle and let more of the color in. If you’re really going for a dramatic color change I would still lighten it first before coloring it. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic